colts

Tough to pick just 5....

1. Crown

2. Troopers

3. Blue Devils

4. Blue Knights

5. TIE - Colts & Academy

Honorable mentions: Phantom Regiment, Cadets & SCV

Every show this season offered something to enjoy, but the five I enjoyed the most were:

1. Mandarins Being a NorCal guy I see this corps early every year. Last year, but especially this year, their show was an experience that was a kin to when you suddenly notice the little kid down the block is growing up and has become noticeably more mature and sophisticated ... and it just makes you smile! :smile:

2. Blue Knights I very much enjoy the sense of style they have been developing. Their props (now you see us, now you don't) were wonderfully inventive.

3. SCV Their opening grabbed my attention better than any corps this year, and then they just kept me engaged for the rest of the show. Possibly my favorite SCV show ever!

4. Bluecoats Both musically and visually, I found the Coats to be incredibly intriguing. I thoroughly enjoy the direction they are taking, and the corps "persona" they seem to be developing. I found myself eagerly awaiting each performance. Loved their ballad.

5. BD Yes, I'm a bit of a BD honk, but this year's show pretty much typifies why. So much going on; every performance gave me some new delightful little detail to savor. It just kept getting better and better.