Prop or 150 performers on the field?

Little kid, or not...People marching a season with one corps and being able to join with another corps? I can't stand behind that rule. Because of the fact it's BDC vs BDA doesn't change my opinion on the matter. One corps, one season.

With this logic then Glassmen shouldn't have taken in members of Teal Sound in 2012 when they folded nor SOA this year when Coastal Surge folded.

It's sad you feel this way, but hey its your opinion I guess, more power to you.

• Like 2

If I am not incorrect, it was I who first raised the whole issue on Thursday night, immediately upon returning home from the theater broadcast. I simply asked the question of whether or not there is a DCI minimum age requirement for all participating members. Ever since then, this whole baloney has taken on a life of it's own. What I asked was simply out of honest question...and NOT inferring nefarious action on the part of the Blue Devil Drum and Bugle Corps. In the end, that's all it was...a question. Nothing less, nothing more.

At this point in time, I wish to hell that I had never brought up the subject in the first place.

Don't worry. If it hadn't been you, it would have been someone else.
  • Like 1

Why?

To all or a specific part?

I guess I'll adress 1&2 by saying because it's a competitive event with a very limited time frame, but primarily because it's a competitive event.

The only reasons anyone should be allowed to transfer from one corps to another within the same season (provided they have an open spot, of course) are: abuse, discrimination, harassment, ect.

For #3, I don't like the fact that someone can come in the last couple of days and recieve the same recognition and praise as the other members. In a way, it's disingenuous to those who have put so much of their time and effort with the corps.

With this logic then Glassmen shouldn't have taken in members of Teal Sound in 2012 when they folded nor SOA this year when Coastal Surge folded.

It's sad you feel this way, but hey its your opinion I guess, more power to you.

Do I? If a corps folds mid-season, then I would have no problem with them joining an active organization.

To all or a specific part?

I guess I'll adress 1&2 by saying because it's a competitive event with a very limited time frame, but primarily because it's a competitive event.

The only reasons anyone should be allowed to transfer from one corps to another within the same season (provided they have an open spot, of course) are: abuse, discrimination, harassment, ect.

For #3, I don't like the fact that someone can come in the last couple of days and recieve the same recognition and praise as the other members. In a way, it's disingenuous to those who have put so much of their time and effort with the corps.

Let me spell it out for you again, in small words you can understand.

Blue Devils C FINISHED THEIR SEASON IN LATE JULY. THEY WERE DONE...COMPLETE...NO MORE SHOWS.

Can you get that through your cast iron skull yet?

And here's another thing...Clara was ALREADY a Blue Devil...she was the C corps color guard captain this year....and she is and will always be as much a Blue Devil as myself or anyone else who ever performed in ANY of the BD organization.

BD operated within the rules of the activity when including her. I suggest you get the #### over it.

• Like 1