Judging Tapes for Entertainment and Enlightenment

On 8/15/2015 at 3:28 AM, troon8 said:

Quite true, I hadn't thought of that. I guess I'll modify my wish to say that I'd rather hear tapes from earlier in the season.

Regional tapes are the ones you're looking for.  Finals tapes are next to useless.  

2 hours ago, karuna said:

Regional tapes are the ones you're looking for.  Finals tapes are next to useless.  

i'll disagree on finals night. you can truly get why certain calls are made, and get some great quotes too!

On 8/11/2015 at 12:01 AM, GUARDLING said:

well some might argue, it's none of anyone's business what these tapes may or may not say during the season, especially a competitor. It is a competition.

True. If word got out to other teams what was on those and what messages were given, the right hints and verbiage could be used in post contest meanings to chisel out a tenth here or there against that team. Or, perhaps the questions would be "didn't you notice this or that"?

• Like 1

On 8/12/2015 at 12:47 AM, drumcorpsfever said:

I'd love to hear the guard tape on how the heck the judge could have possibly had Crown 2 tenths behind BD. What a crock!

At the end of the season, the “scoring” is essentially ordinals. It may have been .15, but it was the difference between first and fourth. 

On 8/14/2015 at 8:59 PM, blueorginal said:

Best comment I heard was one from Osage Precisionnaires Drum & Bugle Corps - they had a judge that on the tape said "You shouldn't call yourselfs Precisionnaires if you aren't"

Gotta love the old vfw judges

haha savage

On 5/24/2019 at 6:29 PM, Ediker said:

At the end of the season, the “scoring” is essentially ordinals. It may have been .15, but it was the difference between first and fourth. 

Absolutely. One rates... and yes, at the end of the season needs to RANK.

• Like 1