Blast!

I wish I had gotten a chance to see it. Last time BLAST and I were in the same area was when it played Anaheim years ago. I didn't realize it was done here in the U.S. Least I've seen STOMP a few times.

Speaking of America's got Talent, I think there was a somewhat similar production put on there but it didn't go too far, nowhere near BLAST in performance or quality though. BLAST always seemed ripe for Vegas. On that same note, isn't this new WGI Winds a scaled back version of BLAST? Until this season I had not heard of it at all...then again the coconut phone line is pretty slow to Hawaii. If that turns out to be successful I could see a restart of this again for sure in the states.

Speaking of America's got Talent, I think there was a somewhat similar production put on there but it didn't go too far, nowhere near BLAST in performance or quality though.

Yes, that was a few years back, and unfortunately they were not warmly received.....by the judges or the audience.

Here's a link to just what happened:

http://www.thedailynewsonline.com/blogs/the_arts_beat/article_285e3b44-f407-5a3e-baed-680cc1e2dcf3.html

Edited by Northern Thunder

" Blast " had a great run. It lasted 15 years ( 1999-2014 ) which was 6 years longer than Star of Indiana lasted in DCI ( 1984- 1993)

As a Star of Indiana alum, this realization brings home just how short the life of Star was, how fortunate I was to be one of the lucky few to have been involved, proud of the legacy, but sad at the same time.

• Like 1

Yes, that was a few years back, and unfortunately they were not warmly received.....by the judges or the audience.

Here's a link to just what happened:

http://www.thedailynewsonline.com/blogs/the_arts_beat/article_285e3b44-f407-5a3e-baed-680cc1e2dcf3.html

They did come out with BLAST II (Schockwave).

Only had a couple of decent numbers, but no battery,drill that wasn't crisp and gimicky pieces like woodwinds on bouncing balls and the guard prancing around with what looked like illuminated shower curtains.

My wife and I saw it openning night at West Point.Got what could best be described as "polite applause".

The show never caught on.

There had been talk of a BLAST III but after II bombed they kinda gave up.