Phantom Regiment 2016

People voiced their opinions about the corps missing their signature sound. Don's arrangements were thoroughly entertaining but did they lend themselves to that sound????? Could it have been the Jupiter brass? I'm not sure, but what I do see, by the corps, is an effort to regain the identity that so many people said went missing and that involves some risk.

But it also could be instruction, not just the writing and horns, IMO.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, so what is it? Instructors or writers???? I'm speaking to the choice of Will Pitts to the Regiment design team. As for instructors, ask the marching members what they think of their instructors? i'm not buying that argument about the instructors as we have all seen the incredible strides the corps has made from beginning of the season to the end. That took great effort on both the instructors and the marching members parts. I applaud them both.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 2

Key's work with SCV was indeed impressive at times. Not everyone starts out with a winning book in DCI, but given time, amazing talent tends to surface. I think Will is going to do great things in DCI given the chance.

Edited by Sutasaurus

Key's work with SCV was indeed impressive at times. Not everyone starts out with a winning book in DCI, but given time, amazing talent tends to surface. I think Will is going to do great things in DCI given the chance.

Favorite was 2007, with 2003 a close second.

I'm sorry, so what is it? Instructors or writers???? I'm speaking to the choice of Will Pitts to the Regiment design team. As for instructors, ask the marching members what they think of their instructors? i'm not buying that argument about the instructors as we have all seen the incredible strides the corps has made from beginning of the season to the end. That took great effort on both the instructors and the marching members parts. I applaud them both.

Hell yeah. The improvement this corps has shown on the brass side from the beginning of a season to the end in the past 2 years has been nothing short of incredible. Brass instruction is not something that is hurting Regiment right now.

It's everything. Everything is awful. They should probably fold.

/sarcasm