MADISON SCOUTS 2016

How about the look from the early to mid-'80s? White top, red tie, green pants, and white bucks. Or the variant; green top, red tie, white pants, and white bucks. Those were the best Scouts uniforms.

There was a version of that in 2006, I hope we don't see that again.

• Like 1

No Latin or Jazz or anything remotely recognizable to anybody except maybe College Music Majors.

As much as there is that I don't like about current "Marching Band On Steroids" I could live with all the nonsense if the Music was there. It Aint! Just a bunch of off the wall musical phrases and passages. Nothing I recognize and can get into.

DCI used to be primarily about the Music and "In Your Face" loud G Bugles blasting out songs that we all liked. Drill was secondary.

Somebody, anybody, please take a leap of faith and bring back "Old School" music. Keep all your modern theatrical BS if you simply can't function without it, but bring back recognizable music to the field.................. :thumbup::worthy:

Well Cadets did that and got dumped to 4th so....

Well Cadets did that and got dumped to 4th so....

And I will enjoy that show plus Crown for years to come over anything else from 2015 so.....

• Like 1

I like it. "Heaven on Their Minds" was a strong opener (and, IMO, the only part from the musical I really enjoy). A whole show based around that, and the basic idea of Judas, has a ton of musical/emotional potential.

I'll start drinking the Green/Red/Gold Kool-Aid.

How can you not love "Gethsemane"?

JUDAS makes a lot of sense since the original story (JCS) is really told from Judas' point of view.

• Like 1

JUDAS makes a lot of sense since the original story (JCS) is really told from Judas' point of view.

Yup.

yeah i think this has potential

I beg to differ with this.

Weber and Rice were resident artists at the college I attended when I was there in the early 70's because one of the faculty members saw them in a small coffee house type setting in England, got into a discussion, and eventually brought them to USA where he made contact for them with a relative who worked one of NY's big labels. W&R give a different sense than your summary.

Edited by xandandl