MADISON SCOUTS 2016

Fun correlation the last time the scouts marched jcss 99 a new Star Wars saga came out. Again the scouts will march jcss and again Star Wars is coming out with there new saga. Maybe this means the scouts should March Star Wars theme in 2017.

Only if there is an epic lightsaber fight going on during the rotating company front.

Not to mention, two words: John Williams.

I am very excited to see the Scouts perform this show! It seems to be a perfect fit for the Corps… great Andrew Lloyd Webber music with Jazzy/Rock type themes, A storyline that wasn't really explored in 99, TONS of great material to explore all kinds of emotions etc… This should be an EPIC Madison Scout Show!

• Like 1

RESPONSE TO AN EARLIER POST - I wore the 84 uniform you described with the White Eisenhower Jacket and Green pants… I also wore the 81/82 uniform of Green top, Green Pants with Red Sash. I REALLY LOVE the hybrid of these that the Scouts came back to this year with the White pants/Green Top with Red Sash…to me, that is CLASSIC Madison… it includes elements from every generation of uniforms back to the early 70's… I hope they stick with this for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Mushroom Hunter
  • Like 1

First, I'm really looking forward to seeing this show and what Madison can do with the source material (again)! Really liked the first version.

Second, though - any thoughts on how the rights issues are going to play out? Given that SCV's Phantom of the Opera show was a big point of contention rights-wise even before everything hit the fan and DCI yanked all shows from their streaming archived platform, I'm a little surprised someone is going with Andrew Lloyd Webber. Seems like this one may be destined for an uphill battle to get the rights (all of the non-performance ones) secured, no? Then again, maybe EVERY show is in that category right now...

Edited by Quad Aces

First, I'm really looking forward to seeing this show and what Madison can do with the source material (again)! Really liked the first version.

Second, though - any thoughts on how the rights issues are going to play out? Given that SCV's Phantom of the Opera show was a big point of contention rights-wise even before everything hit the fan and DCI yanked all shows from their streaming archived platform, I'm a little surprised someone is going with Andrew Lloyd Webber. Seems like this one may be destined for an uphill battle to get the rights (all of the non-performance ones) secured, no? Then again, maybe EVERY show is in that category right now...

Knowing the issues people have had recently, I'm sure they've got it worked out.

That said, with many publishing, composers, etc. they have different rules for different pieces they've written.

For example, David Holsinger let's pretty much anything be used, but you pretty much have no shot of receiving rights to the 3rd movement of the Easter Symphony.

That said, Phantom of the Opera is a much more popular/sued work, and so I'm sure ALW has different regulations regarding its usage.

Just a thought.

I'm very excited about Scouts revisiting JCS, and with some darker twists. Madison made great strides last year in re-asserting their beloved identity, and I think this is a vehicle that can continue that momentum. And, for all that is sacred (pun intended), please, please, please, retain the current uniform & stay in WHITE PANTS!!!

• Like 1

I'm very excited about Scouts revisiting JCS, and with some darker twists. Madison made great strides last year in re-asserting their beloved identity, and I think this is a vehicle that can continue that momentum. And, for all that is sacred (pun intended), please, please, please, retain the current uniform & stay in WHITE PANTS!!!

Yes!!! PLEASE retain the current uniform....and for all that is holy, make the guard costumes fit the show theme (I know you will Chad!)

I know that 1999 wasn't a literal interpretation of JCSS, but why did the guard look like Al Capone's hit squad?

(Stewart never gave me a valid explanation for that one)

I know that 1999 wasn't a literal interpretation of JCSS, but why did the guard look like Al Capone's hit squad?

(Stewart never gave me a valid explanation for that one)

Interesting ... I never thought about the 1999 guard unis or how they related to JCSS. Had sort of a Michael Jackson look to it, IMO. I don't hate it, but it was pretty boring.

Since JCSS's costume design is always different throughout different productions, I'd like to see Madison try something fresh. Some examples of film/stage Judas' below.

judas.jpg?itok=b2AfzAzJ

837200_017.jpg

UK Arena Tour (Tim Minchin playing a metalhead/Rasta version of Judas, apparently)

GHMinchineJCSSAW-20130608151017170064-62

Edited by ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar

We weren't doing a literal interpretation of the theme. We were playing the tunes and kicking ### and not trying to tell a story.