MADISON SCOUTS 2016

I had the opportunity to communicate with Chris Komnick and I inquired as to why the scouts were suddenly participating in TOC shows? He indicated that a lot of factors went into play in their decision to participate and that they are looking forward to it. Personally, I am excited that the scouts are doing it as well!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had the opportunity to communicate with Chris Komnick and I inquired as to why the scouts were suddenly participating in TOC shows? He indicated that a lot of factors went into play in their decision to participate and that they are looking forward to it. Personally, I am excited that the scouts are doing it as well!!!

Yeah, that's exciting to see them move in that direction. Didn't like that, a couple years ago, they turned down the offer to compete in the TOC shows.

Glad they changed their mind...but I wish they were doing more of them. Looks like they're only at 2 of those shows.

those shows historically have gone against the ideals of the corps. Perhaps they have changed the format, which has caused the group to reconsider.

Factors = $$$

Very disappointing decison by the Scouts and Boston before them.

Factors = $$$

Very disappointing decison by the Scouts and Boston before them.

Troopers, Blue Stars, BK, Crossmen have all been part of the TOC shows now too on occasion, lest we forget.

My guess, once the G7 splintered apart, and got back in line with DCI rules and policies, it paved the way for the original non G7 Corps to feel comfortable participating in the TOC shows... and yes., money greased the skids and made it easier for all of'em to then decide to participate too, no doubt. Situations change, and with that attitudes and positions on things sometimes do as well.

Edited by BRASSO

Troopers, Blue Stars, BK have been, or will be, part of the TOC shows too on occasion, lest we forget.

My guess, once the G7 splintered apart, and got back in line with DCI rules and policies, it paved the way for the original non G7 Corps to feel comfortable participating in the TOC shows... and yes., money greased the skids and made it easier for all of'em to then decide to participate too, no doubt. Times change, and with that attitudes and positions on things do as well.

I think the marketing of G7 and what it exemplified was the problem. I didn't like it, as did many others. I think that the TOC is marketed much better, which has helped other groups get on board.

• Like 2

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone.

2016 is right around the corner. To our family let's not forget to pay our dues $75, every penny helps us have the tools to stay in the hunt.

Hey Cali and Arizona, the Madison Scouts are coming to town.

my wife asked me today to say something sexy to her, I said "I am a Madison Scout "

Thank you.

I will be seeing them at the TOC in Chester, PA! Can't wait to see them there and turn on some friends who've never experienced drum corps before! Hopefully, they'll be fans!