MADISON SCOUTS 2016

So I just watched the Video of the first full uniform run through June 21st in Mount Pleasant Utah. That Scouts uniform does amazing things. I liked it much more the 2nd time in uniform. Still some rough spots musically that will surely be re-written, but this appears to be the best Madison corp in many years. Sure we've said that before but this seems different. Marching is pretty clean & the drum line & snare line sounded great. I noticed they were marching a hole in the snare line, 2nd from the right. Does anyone know what thats about?

Madison just might make some trouble for BK & SCV this weekend.

• Like 1

No-he's bitter that it's not still 1981, and nothing will ever live up to it. He strolls in about this time each year, #####es about the corps and activity in general, then leaves in August. He also asks questions that could be answered on the Scouts website or various Facebook pages, rather than being an active alumnus in those areas. It's comical, but also rather sad.

What's sad is your insistence on being a condescending d**k to anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion. Your homerism is embarrassing. I'm a fan. I'm an alum. And I don't have a problem putting my green-colored glasses aside to be honest. Case in point, your response to my micced solos comment, saying it was "just more fun to ##### about". If the freakin SOLOIST is on the back hash (staging issue) and is louder than the entire ensemble, that's not me just being a bitter old dinosaur.

Surely your arrogant, condescending tone won't ruffle any feathers. But feel free to keep up trashing those who came before you, because their opinions are worthless and wrong, amirite?

Perhaps you should quit interneting for awhile. You're quickly becoming the new thirdcoast, except that guy wasn't an ###.

• Like 3

You sure have a problem tolerating differing opinions. If the Scouts took the field and broke wind for 11 minutes you would post about how great it was and how it didnt even smell.

Accurate

So I just watched the Video of the first full uniform run through June 21st in Mount Pleasant Utah. That Scouts uniform does amazing things. I liked it much more the 2nd time in uniform. Still some rough spots musically that will surely be re-written, but this appears to be the best Madison corp in many years. Sure we've said that before but this seems different. Marching is pretty clean & the drum line & snare line sounded great. I noticed they were marching a hole in the snare line, 2nd from the right. Does anyone know what thats about?

Madison just might make some trouble for BK & SCV this weekend.

I'm sure that I saw a "9th" snare "in the lot" in recent days on some varied recordings. I asked about this several days ago as well, and was told by multiple sources that the hole was created by one of the guys having to end his summer due to a medical issue and that a replacement is quickly getting up to speed. On another note, "Cop" is reporting that the guys had another dress rehearsal run tonight and that they were much improved as compared to their first dressed run from the other night (can anyone supply video please)...Hopefully I have my facts right, but I do believe I saw some "still shots" of the Men in uniform on the field from this evening as well.

Edited by Mad75

You sure have a problem tolerating differing opinions. If the Scouts took the field and broke wind for 11 minutes you would post about how great it was and how it didnt even smell.

I've got to say "tesmusic", you're certainly consistent with going on the attack and making it personal. From the looks of things, you're a fellow alumni, a "brother" if you will...which really makes your actions a head scratcher. I really don't get it man, I saw the same thing from you last summer as well. If a critique comes forth that you dub unacceptable, then that individual is dismissed out of hand and has no relevance in your eyes, and you're quick to let the world know by going for the throat! It's as if you're the self appointed gate keeper of everything Madison. It's called opinion...And it's healthy. And, there just might be other points of view other than your corner on the market. Please consider your actions brother.

Edited by Mad75
  • Like 1

I'm sure that I saw a "9th" snare "in the lot" in recent days on some varied recordings. I asked about this several days ago as well, and was told by multiple sources that the hole was created by one of the guys having to end his summer due to a medical issue and that a replacement is quickly getting up to speed. On another note, "Cop" is reporting that the guys had another dress rehearsal run tonight and that they were much improved as compared to their first dressed run from the other night (can anyone supply video please)...Hopefully I have my facts right, but I do believe I saw some "still shots" of the Men in uniform on the field from this evening as well.

Was at their dress rehearsal in Reno tonight. They do have 9 snares throughout their warm-up, but pulled one out for the show. If he's new, it makes better sense to me. As a big fan of the 1999 show, the show this year makes many nice call backs to pieces of that show. I like a good, agressive show like what they put on the field. The subwoofer is a bit too strong, but I am hopeful that will work itself out.

• Like 1

Was at their dress rehearsal in Reno tonight. They do have 9 snares throughout their warm-up, but pulled one out for the show. If he's new, it makes better sense to me. As a big fan of the 1999 show, the show this year makes many nice call backs to pieces of that show. I like a good, agressive show like what they put on the field. The subwoofer is a bit too strong, but I am hopeful that will work itself out.

Your information makes sense in regards to what I've been told about their new "9th" snare that they're getting up to speed, so thank you for that information...Now, if someone would upload tonights performance, that would be great!

Love seeing all the debate from Indy and which corps will do what...but everyone leaves Scouts of the end-of-year talk. I think the Scouts will shock the drum corps world with what they're doing this year.

• Like 1