MADISON SCOUTS 2016

Love seeing all the debate from Indy and which corps will do what...but everyone leaves Scouts of the end-of-year talk. I think the Scouts will shock the drum corps world with what they're doing this year.

It's entirely possible and would be a long time coming, if so. I am entirely frustrated that groups like Bluecoats have passed the mighty Scouts and are championship contenders...a corps that was never in the top 6 when I marched. It saddens me that the Scouts haven't been able to draw the top-level talent they did in the 90's. Hopefully that will begin to change. I'd love to see the Scouts experience the level of success the Cavies did in the early 2000's. Crowd enjoyment first, but there's no reason you can't be enjoyable AND competitively successful! It IS a competitive activity, after all.

Edited by BigBadMadMan
  • Like 1

So I just watched the Video of the first full uniform run through June 21st in Mount Pleasant Utah. That Scouts uniform does amazing things. I liked it much more the 2nd time in uniform. Still some rough spots musically that will surely be re-written, but this appears to be the best Madison corp in many years. Sure we've said that before but this seems different. Marching is pretty clean & the drum line & snare line sounded great. I noticed they were marching a hole in the snare line, 2nd from the right. Does anyone know what thats about?

Madison just might make some trouble for BK & SCV this weekend.

It is my understanding that the one snare was injured but they have replaced him. He is just not in the show yet.

It's entirely possible and would be a long time coming, if so. I am entirely frustrated that groups like Bluecoats have passed the mighty Scouts and are championship contenders...a corps that was never in the top 6 when I marched. It saddens me that the Scouts haven't been able to draw the top-level talent they did in the 90's. Hopefully that will begin to change. I'd love to see the Scouts experience the level of success the Cavies did in the early 2000's. Crowd enjoyment first, but there's no reason you can't be enjoyable AND competitively successful! It IS a competitive activity, after all.

I do think that the past couple of years has shown that the scouts' talent level has increased. Let's pray that this year's show will push it even further in the right direction for next year.

How do you all think SCV feels and all those other corps that had their years at the very top back in the '70s, '80s, and/or '90s? It took until '08 for my corps to get back into the top 12 after years of reorganization, A-60, Div II & III. Now that they have become a top 12 mainstay, for the most part, I would love to see them getting close to or getting back to the top tier, too. The reality is that corps like The Bluecoats, Blue Devils, and Carolina Crown are currently shaping the activity and what they have going on is what's attractive to the top talent. I've read some posts even saying the mighty Cadets aren't in the same league as those three, anymore.
With all that being said, the Madison Scouts will be just fine. They are an important part of the activity. The fans crave them and they deliver an entertaining program, every year.