MADISON SCOUTS 2016

Yes, I'm sure they are doing it just to spite you and other fans. I mean, it couldn't be a part of their contract obligations obtaining sync licencing rights that they are required to police YouTube to remove free recordings, so that they maximize the DVD sales, from which the rights holders get a cut. No - that couldn't be the reason.

to put it even simpler - you might notice that your local baseball team isnt on TV when they are in town. There's a reason they do that --> it's not even 100 percent money-motivated. Blackout = GO TO THE STADIUM, BUY A TICKET AND ENJOY YOUR FAVORITE OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES THE WAY GOD INTENDED!!!!

on the legal side, YT bootlegs are infringing copyright of dci and the corps. On the financial side it hurts the bottom line of the corps. If your cpu is an adequate stand-in (maybe there wont be any shows near you), well thats why they invented the 'season pass' which I

believe gets you a livestream of every dci-sponsored event.

also BUMP.....

& GO MADISON!!! c u tommorry @ The Rose Bowl

ps - if you arent familiar or greatly enjoy Madison, I mashed up a TapCast with some rare, tender juicy cuts ...you can find us on iTunes (or your favorite podcast streaming service we're on all of 'em) or here's a direct link #tapcast is #nsfw. I searched long and hard for a frack free sop solo on "You'll Never....." If anyone can name the 1985 soloist/horn sgt. I'll give you huge shoutout on part2 - which will be a review of Concord & Madison; and more rare cuts.

Edited by Tapper7

Anyone at he Oceanside show tonight that can share their comments? I don't see a thread for that show yet.

I'll be at the Rose Bowl

I'm not so concerned about the scores right now as I am about spreads. The scores I must admit on the west coast tour appear to be much lower than back east for some reason. Is this an effect of full or less judging panels or what? Are the corps in the east just that much better out of the gate or what? Nothing against Troopers but they appear to be moving up the ranks quickly. I wouldn't expect them to be placing higher than Madison and BK this early. And as good as SCV appears to be they can't seem break any higher than 6th or 5th. What is going on?

Edited by Madcityscout

I'm not so concerned about the scores right now as I am about spreads. The scores I must admit on the west coast tour appear to be much lower than back east for some reason. Is this an effect of full or less judging panels or what? Are the corps in the east just that much better out of the gate or what? Nothing against Troopers but they appear to be moving up the ranks quickly. I wouldn't expect them to be placing higher than Madison and BK this early. And as good as SCV appears to be they can't seem break any higher than 6th or 5th. What is going on?

West coast scores are ironically deflated.

Cavies seemed to be in a really strong position until they met with Crown and found out they're 3 points behind. I don't think Troopers will pass BK and Madison once they meet up at a regional, but I can see BK passing Madison eventually. Likewise, I don't see BK nor Madison passing SCV

• Like 1

I swear,.. people that compare scores from around the country every season and get frustrated with that exercise absolutely deserve that frustration. Seriously. We've told such people a kazillion times why its a fool's game, but they persist in playing it, and thus always gwt frustrated. But.... the heedless persist, so many of us have no sympathy in the least anymore with their frustrations they annually derive from the annual participation in such exercises.

• Like 2

I swear,.. people that compare scores from around the country every season and get frustrated with that exercise absolutely deserve that frustration. Seriously. We've told such people a kazillion times why its a fool's game, but they persist in playing it, and thus always gwt frustrated. But.... the heedless persist, so many of us have no sympathy in the least anymore with their frustrations they annually derive from the annual participation in such exercises.

Exactly. Anyone would be a fool to not think BD is out front right now. That tells you enough right there.

I think this year will be the best example of why comparing scores across shows doesn't work

• Like 2

Spreads between shows can be discounted. What I find more concerning is the lack of upward movement in scoring this first week.