MADISON SCOUTS 2016

I'm so happy for Academy this year and I've always liked Madison, but when was the last time Madison was in 12th place? Or when was the last time they didn't make finals?

I wanna say 2007? I was at finals that year and they didn't perform Saturday. Wanna say Scouts was 14th that year behind Academy who was 13th.

2009. The superhero show.

Forgot about that. I was deployed to Iraq the last 4 weeks of that season. Rough year for the Scouts in 09. But they will be ok this year. Saw them in Riverside earlier this month and enjoyed them very much. But Academy means business this year. Scouts better get it together.

I wanna say 2007? I was at finals that year and they didn't perform Saturday. Wanna say Scouts was 14th that year behind Academy who was 13th.

2009. The superhero show.

I just looked it up. 2007 they were 15th, 2008 they were 12th, 2009 they were 15th again. I had forgotten all about those years. Weird to see them placed this low :( But congrats to Academy! Wonderful show!

• Like 1

As of this evening, Scouts are effectively in 12th place, but nah, you're right, what's to worry.

Yeah, worrying and stressing over something you have ZERO control over is a great way to live.

What if the Scouts do finish 12th or lower? Does that effect your life or your identity in some way?

I wouldn't chime in, but you mock people who want to be more positive than you....as if they're idiots

or something. I wiser fella than me once said "sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes the bar...eats you"

or put another way "Be anxious for nothing".

In my opinion, this is one of those years (and it happens sometimes), where several Corps have

hit home runs with their shows, and we hit maybe a double or triple....which is not swinging and

striking out. But you act like it does mean that.

Edited by Nine White Russians
  • Like 1

I was deployed to Iraq the last 4 weeks of that season.

I did a West Pac in 2009 and then 7 months 2011-2012 in the gulf for OND and OEF on the Stennis.

Edited by DasTuba
  • Like 3

I did a West Pac in 2009 and then 7 months 2011-2012 in the gulf for OND and OEF on the Stennis.

19 years in the Navy and counting, just re-enlisted for five more years. Drum corps has helped get me thru alot of deployments in the summer months away from home. Being able to wake up and log on and see scores, read about the shows, and even a couple times was able to catch some shows on the Fan Network from Iraq, Bahrain, UAE, Djibouti Africa etc.......I love this activity dearly and i am forever grateful to all the performers who helped keep me going thru all those challenging deployments.

• Like 8

19 years in the Navy and counting, just re-enlisted for five more years. Drum corps has helped get me thru alot of deployments in the summer months away from home. Being able to wake up and log on and see scores, read about the shows, and even a couple times was able to catch some shows on the Fan Network from Iraq, Bahrain, UAE, Djibouti Africa etc.......I love this activity dearly and i am forever grateful to all the performers who helped keep me going thru all those challenging deployments.

Aside from emails, extremely expensive phone calls and care packages from #thewife and kids, Drum Corps and just music in general is what kept me sane out there on the carrier. 13+ hour days 7 days a week on the flight deck in the Gulf ain't no joke! I wrote a lot of music out there and the guys in my shop were pretty cool about it and always wanted to hear what I came up with. Had an AD1 in my sister squadron that was a hell of a sax player, wrote a few things for him to jam on in the hangar after shift.

• Like 3