MADISON SCOUTS 2016

So Madison is frozen out of the Top 12 again.

I can't help but think there is a larger issue at work.

For those in the know, it is an issue with Leadership? Recruitment? Staff talent?

Thoughts?

Is Scott Stewart back?

And...is the price tag to join the Scouts too high to get more talent? Are other corps charging the same $? Just seems like the higher tier corps have a lot more money at their disposal.

Always loved Madison. I feel they are the last of the real drum and bugle corps. The pervious 2 years of the Troopers also fit this category. They make me feel like a kid. Still have the power and gracefully perform their book. The artsy folks have taken over. The Men from Madison will return. Just hope they don't cave into the pressure. I always know if they are in the lineup I will get to see a drum and bugle corps show.

Edited by Randy T
  • Like 3

Madison's show design was not good enough. Plain and simple. Time to get back to the drawing board. Congrats to Boston for making the pass.

Just wish Madison fans on the Internet would show a little class and congratulate the performers from BAC and Academy rather than insult their shows and imply that their achievements are so much DCI fluff. Pretty disrespectful if you ask me.

I agree. The Boston folk have been pretty classy on their thread all year, despite their corps sitting out of finals for most of the season. The Madison thread has been doom and gloom/infighting.

It'd be nice to hear some actual congrats to Boston rather than claims of judge bias

• Like 5

Madison's show design was not good enough. Plain and simple. Time to get back to the drawing board. Congrats to Boston for making the pass.

Scouts and Cadets are two stories this year of designs that missed the mark.

I agree. The Boston folk have been pretty classy on their thread all year, despite their corps sitting out of finals for most of the season. The Madison thread has been doom and gloom/infighting.

It'd be nice to hear some actual congrats to Boston rather than claims of judge bias

I think all the hoop la usually in this thread are more some alumni who do not agree with the direction of the corps but more the direction of DCI. This has gone on with some ( not saying just here ) since the inception of DCI. There are also many alumni on these threads , some ( like Madison ) do not give any slack and demand perfection of some kind and then there are others who no matter what the situation the rose colored glasses never come off and of course there are some who at least feel they are objective. When reading it's not hard to see who is who and that's fine. It's very natural to some point. TO SOME POINT IS THE KEY>>>LOL

I think it's always sad when you see iconic corps who were finalists wayyyyy back in the beginning falling out of finals which can also include the Troopers.

It's funny about perspective and where one sits and views the happenings of a given year. BAC celebrating a 12th place finish, would they have felt 12th was great even a year ago? Cadets placement devastating for some, this would be fantastic for most. BD maybe not in1st at finals and of course Madison in 13th outside looking in. What Madison has to also realize that 3 tenths,would the nay sayers have been celebrating if maybe one or 2 judges flipped a tenth or 2 the other way?? Maybe not, maybe it goes alot deeper for some.

We are a competitive activity and scores do matter, no matter what some would like you to believe. One needs to do what they have to to determine what success means to them and how to go about it ,a very calculated plan imo.

Madison, Cadets, BD, BAC, Troopers etc etc are all quality corps . Sometimes one has to take a very close look and what was done to be successful and what wasn't BUT also not forget, often it's not about if your particular corps wasn't good OR was it that others just exceeded. Sometimes you can do alot to improve

( BAC who kept fighting ) and sometimes there's nothing to do and may have done all one could. Sometimes it's not that someone did something wrong to be out OR that a corps did less than someone getting in. Like at the top, is there really that much of a difference in quality of corps? No. Same can be said in the middle or the bottom of finals or as far as 15th in some cases. Sometimes it's nothing more than a final burst of determination.Even one corps making another better just by competition.... Who knows.

Congrats to all , in or out. I think many corps made the season quite interesting which to me shows the passion, drive, fight, creativity but also shows the activity is alive!

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 3

I have just resigned myself to the fact that the Scouts are a "has been". It sucks, but it is what it is. Maybe they can turn things around, but I'm not expecting it. I love Scott Stewart as a person, but I think he hung on too long and did irrevocable damage to the future of the corps at a critical turning point in the direction of the activity. There's not a single other year-in-year-out Top 6 corps from the last couple of decades that is in the position the Scouts continually find themselves in. Last season was the first time they've really sniffed the Top 6 since 2005 and one year later they're out of Finals altogether.

I doubt there is any other corps that has had the same wild swings in placement that the Scouts have had over the past decade either, save maybe Blue Stars.

Edited by BigBadMadMan