MADISON SCOUTS 2016

The idea (which cavies have figured out) is to pull off the show equation dci rewards, but doing it in their own corps style. Spend more time on the planning details and moments you need to nail and have those ready out of the gate.

• Like 1

The resurgence is real....oh wait

• Like 1

Top 7 this year still a possibility?

I just watched the show. I feel like it was slow and lacks ebergy tonight. I don't find it even to be old style in your face drum corps. Hopefully they will show me more in Pittsburgh in a week and a half. I really would like them to do well.

It's interesting. I felt the exact same way about last year's show, but then they mega-cleaned and turned up the heat....and wow,

what a show that turned out to be, I feel like even with some of my issues with the very end of the closer, this is a better

overall product than last year....if they can do that same thing they did last year, this show could tear down the house at Finals!

• Like 2

Top 7 this year still a possibility?

Funny...Your question reminds me of a famous statement made by former NFL coach, Jom Mora when in his post game comments he was asked about the possibility of his team making the playoffs..."Playoffs??...Don't talk about Playoffs!!...How about us just winning a game!!

In other words, "What in the feakin name of Pete have you been smoking??!!...Top 7??...Top7!!!!!!!!...How about the boys even making the night show in Indie!!!...Let's worry about that!!...TOP 7...Sheeeeesh!

It's interesting. I felt the exact same way about last year's show, but then they mega-cleaned and turned up the heat....and wow,

what a show that turned out to be, I feel like even with some of my issues with the very end of the closer, this is a better

overall product than last year....if they can do that same thing they did last year, this show could tear down the house at Finals!

Everyone has a better product than last year. When you look at the entire field, it's easy to see why this is a 12th-10th production. And, it has nothing to do with the financial status of the corps! It was a huge risk to revisit JCSS no matter what kind of spin they try to put on it (Judas). The 99' show was a classic, no holds barred, Madison Monster!...This version is quite, mehhh, very confusing, with one goosebumps moment. Facts are facts and the leadership has taken the upward momentum of last year and back stepped 3-4 places. Furthermore, folks shouldn't waste their time hoping and praying for leap frog momentum with comments like, "be positive, there's still time"...Then, you simply don't understand this activity today. You have to come out of the gates with dynamite and a well structured plan/product for upward momentum. Catch-up doesn't work in today's game. I just hope the Men of Madison are having an enjoyable summer.

The Scouts losing to everyone in their tier hurts. 11th place and quite possibly fighting to just make finals is very disappointing. Once again, this was the year. New all star staff & all...except once again it isn't. Can the Scouts still clean things up & finish 8th or 9th? Possibly, but this show is weak from both a music & visual standpoint. Not enough Madison goose bump moments. If Scouts finish 11th or 12th, where do they go from here? What do they do? While everything certainly needs to improve, I gotta believe that the Drum staff will be at immediate risk, & rightly so.

Different year, same old result.