MADISON SCOUTS 2016

I stand by my statement from earlier in the thread that I think it's a talent issue more than a design issue. I just don't think they're drawing the talent they used to. The several down years of the 2000's wore off some of the mystique, IMO. I think a lot of their issues would be solved if they were drawing guys like they did in the mid-late 90's and we probably wouldn't be talking about how the Scouts need to pivot or modernize. We all pretty much agreed this was the best vehicle they've had in several years. The staff has proven their worth in the past and at other stops along the way, but they can't perform it for the guys on the field.

I'm not singling anyone out and I'm not trying to disparage the members, but I think it's a fair point. If we're being candid; replacing BD's show with BS's show would see both corps placing in relatively the same area due to the disparity in talent...not because BD's show is so much better designed that BS's show.

Edited by BigBadMadMan
  • Like 1

I think it would be great if DCI would give all active duty corps fans, deployed overseas, complimentary subscriptions to DCI Live!

That might be something the Board of Directors can discuss....

Thank all of you for your service!!!!

Your welcome Sir. While complimentary subscriptions would be great and most appreciated, i would still pay full price. I have no problem coming out of my wallet for drum corps. Whatever i can do financially to keep this amazing activity moving forward i am happy and willing to do so.

• Like 5

That's a fantastic attitude Chief...but I still plan to bring it up to the powers that be :-) May not be possible, but can't hurt to discuss it.

Would almost make me want to go back to active duty lol. But i'll gladly fork up the money for this activity that I love so much.

• Like 1

Panic time?

Yes. I said a long time ago that Madison would be fighting for a finals spot this year. They are now ranked 12th. This saddens me greatly.

Edited by FlamMan

As of this evening, Scouts are effectively in 12th place, but nah, you're right, what's to worry.

Here's the thing. Watch both shows. Academy plays that show beautifully. Its clean, its straight to the point, its fun to watch, and its not very deep. Its cute. And its done. Judas is not a cute show. It still needs some fixes. Changes were made this week. While Academy and Xmen are cleaning and refining, the guys are changing. Once they get all the changes in, and add the extra chachki stuff, it'll be fine. Then they need to clean. But there's no reason to go jumping out of windows.

• Like 1

Here's the thing. Watch both shows. Academy plays that show beautifully. Its clean, its straight to the point, its fun to watch, and its not very deep. Its cute. And its done. Judas is not a cute show. It still needs some fixes. Changes were made this week. While Academy and Xmen are cleaning and refining, the guys are changing. Once they get all the changes in, and add the extra chachki stuff, it'll be fine. Then they need to clean. But there's no reason to go jumping out of windows.

This is consistent with what I'm hearing about all shows involved so I'm optimistic. If anything this may have served as a wake-up call to staff and marching members (not that I think they needed it, but a little extra motivation doesn't hurt anyone) to knuckle down, clean the changes, and execute the crap out of it during performances.

Yes. I said a long time ago that Madison would be fighting for a finals spot this year. They are now ranked 12th. This saddens me greatly.

Our "BAC group meeting" with the shrink is almost up, the next hour is available.

• Like 2