MADISON SCOUTS 2016

Or just go back to themes like 95-96 and blow people's faces off.

Please no.

I would hope that they do more of an idea like they did last season. Where they sought to create "New Classics" instead of bringing back old charts. Things that sound like they're from the Madison library, but are in fact, new to the corps.

• Like 7

I would agree with this. I just wish we would move away from themes. Academy tells there story very well in 11:30, better than most corps, but I miss the days were it was more like a concert, with just good marching, playing and spinning.

Compare Madison with Bluecoats. Who has embraced modern drum corps and who has evolve more? The answer couldn't more obviously be Bluecoats. That said, I do like Madison's show better, but their show is not sheet friendly.

When I said flow and start,middle and end- I didn't mean the story aspect I just meant it flows well as does a show like Bluecoats with no story. Madison and BAC both have a story but it's really hard to follow and doesn't seem to have a clear start middle and end

When I said flow and start,middle and end- I didn't mean the story aspect I just meant it flows well as does a show like Bluecoats with no story. Madison and BAC both have a story but it's really hard to follow and doesn't seem to have a clear start middle and end

its just not smooth transitionally between each moment. we lose Judas in the mix.

I don't really see that they have grasped modern drum corps. Personally, I am more a fan of Regiment and Scouts this year than anyone else, with the exception of SCV (who has a miraculous show this year), but I don't think Regiment and Scouts are playing as well to the sheets as other corps.

What we've seen from both Madison and Regiment is doing musical numbers they have done in the past, and doing them not as well as those past iterations. They both need a fresh approach IMO.

I think Madison has the content to really pass people up, but I'm not sure it will happen. Crossmen have a fantastic show this year, and I'm not the least big surprised to see them doing so well.

henry, thank you for your appreciation of PR this year but I take issue with your second sentence.

Prior to 2016, the Regiment had not performed Prelude for Piano, Chairman Dances, Ave Verum Corpus, I'm Dreaming of Home or YPGO. The percussion feature is an original composition by Mssr. Kuhn and Ferguson.

Aside from TCD and YPGO, none of the repertoire performed in 2016 has been performed in the past 60 years by any corps. So. perhaps a fresh approach has begun.

Edited by 1956OPR
  • Like 1

So, I've heard a lot of bad things about the show this year and honestly I was surprised when I saw it. I think it's a good show, definitely needs some work, but it was my mom's favorite show last night and that is with the cavaliers and bluecoats there lol

I would hope that they do more of an idea like they did last season. Where they sought to create "New Classics" instead of bringing back old charts. Things that sound like they're from the Madison library, but are in fact, new to the corps.

This is my favorite listen of 2015, and I too hoped for more choices along that path.

Where would the 2015 show finish this year? I assume behind those in front last year, plus Blue Stars? (making assumptions about the trajectory of this year's groups)

I think besides the show design it's lacking the small details. I think the entire corps could benefit from more individual MM attention. There playing, marching and body movements have major unison issues. Whether its lack of talent, or instruction, this is what stands out most to me and why they have slipped like they have. They just seem sloppy in all aspects. When you see it live, especially when you can compare it to any top 6 corps, the sloppiness is very easy to see and hear. I'm hoping the guys can get things clean and make a push into the top 10.

13248_jonas%20brothers%202.jpg

Maybe THAT is their problem....

I was waiting for somebody to catch that!

• Like 1