MADISON SCOUTS 2016

Either way, the way this season has panned out for Scouts has left me so disapointed. I saw some issues in early-season videos, but I never imagined this production would come up so short. I began to worry when it was recieved in a very lukewarm way out west. But I really felt it had so much potential that it would rise to greatness.

Unfortunately it hasn't, for various reasons.

Chalk this up as a lesson learned on my part. Temper my excitement and don't buy the hype.

Scouts with a good draw tonight stepping off in the middle of the lineup. I'm hoping they can close the gap with PR. Last show before Indy.

• Like 3

Inappropriate off topic posts have been removed. Temporary or permanent suspensions will come next.

stay on topic, and heed the board guidelines.

One suspension handed out. We're in the home stretch of an awesome season - Please don't be the next!

Scouts still remain my all-time favorite and I really want them in finals. I thought they had a great show last Friday and like the new ending much, much better. Hopefully their order on Thursday will help.

I'm sure this has been said before - but they really don't have the jump out of your seats and cheer moments in the program this year (design problem, not MMs). I just can't go "yeah, he hung himself" and jump up to cheer.

So...next year...Rat Pack anyone?

• Like 1

I'll say it I want Boston out because between them, Academy, and Madison I enjoy them the least. I want Academy in and if it comes down to it and one of these groups is on the bubble sadly I want them out. I'm selfish because I want to see Academy Saturday.

And I will say it (my deep desire but It will never happen). Madison in the lead; Cadets Out!!!. :w00t: There, I said it.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

DCI judging is a joke. Scouts' score has remained stagnant over how many days while all other scores go up? Apparently they are the only ones not improving?

• Like 2

As sad as it may be the judging community may be forcing the scouts to be just another cookie cutter, boa/wgi band. I may be a dinosaur because I marched in the eighties. But, I can't even really call it drum corps anymore. It truly is marching band on steroids.

• Like 3

As sad as it may be the judging community may be forcing the scouts to be just another cookie cutter, boa/wgi band. I may be a dinosaur because I marched in the eighties. But, I can't even really call it drum corps anymore. It truly is marching band on steroids.

Resistance is futile...

Who knows? Maybe next year they can do a show titled "Coercion" and highlight how people have been forced to knuckle under to peer/organizational pressure over the years. How very edgy it would be...

I would argue there are ways to program a show, be successful, and keep your identity. SCV, Blue Stars, Cavies, and PR are doing it.

• Like 4

I agree that the language doesn't work any more. But it's not necessarily a bad thing. The activity has grown. IMO, the words “Drum Corps” and “DCI” are no longer adequate to describe the activity, and I think there’s a strong argument to be made that it is inhibiting the sustainability and growth of the activity as a whole. It's a branding problem. I say, go with it. Rename/rebrand the activity and attract viewers and revenue streams beyond just the members, family, and alumni. There is a way to do this while retaining relevant traditions. And it's more likely to grow the activity. But I'm going off topic here.