MADISON SCOUTS 2016

Better show design is going to get talent and bodies in the door in November. Other than knowing that Madison rehashed a good drum corps show of Jesus Christ Superstar from 17 years earlier, how many 17-22 year olds do you think really know JCS? How many band kids in the audiences at the shows during the summer couldn't wait to hear Jesus Christ Superstar on the field? I'm hoping they attempt something new in 2017.

Better show design is going to get talent and bodies in the door in November. Other than knowing that Madison rehashed a good drum corps show of Jesus Christ Superstar from 17 years earlier, how many 17-22 year olds do you think really know JCS? How many band kids in the audiences at the shows during the summer couldn't wait to hear Jesus Christ Superstar on the field? I'm hoping they attempt something new in 2017.

Probably same number of us that knew it in 1999.

• Like 1

I think Scouts may rebound pretty well after a year or two. Maybe the design and instructional staff are still working out the kinks of working together.

The design staff really needs to work on finding material, thematic or musical, that fits the Madison "image" and style while also being new and unique; hearing familiar material is nice but leaves you feeling stagnant. However, it definitely seems like it may be difficult to find genuinely "new" material that will still carry Madison's "image" well.

I think Scouts may rebound pretty well after a year or two. Maybe the design and instructional staff are still working out the kinks of working together.

The design staff really needs to work on finding material, thematic or musical, that fits the Madison "image" and style while also being new and unique; hearing familiar material is nice but leaves you feeling stagnant. However, it definitely seems like it may be difficult to find genuinely "new" material that will still carry Madison's "image" well.

*2015*cough*2015*

• Like 2

*2015*cough*2015*

Even then it seemed to lack something. Maybe just development. It seemed like it had a lot of missing pieces, and missing energy. I think 2013 and 2015 is the closest they have gotten to nailing down the Madison "image" in recent years.

Even then it seemed to lack something. Maybe just development. It seemed like it had a lot of missing pieces, and missing energy. I think 2013 and 2015 is the closest they have gotten to nailing down the Madison "image" in recent years.

I'd throw '11 in there, too.

But of the three shows mentioned in this comment, '13 was the best, by far.

Let's be honest, the only reason '15 did as well as it did placement-wise was because Cavies got the plague and lost a week and a half (or so it seemed) of rehearsal time. If that hadn't happened, Madison's ninth again, and it's another kinda ho-hum Madison show.

• Like 1

I'd throw '11 in there, too.

But of the three shows mentioned in this comment, '13 was the best, by far.

Let's be honest, the only reason '15 did as well as it did placement-wise was because Cavies got the plague and lost a week and a half (or so it seemed) of rehearsal time. If that hadn't happened, Madison's ninth again, and it's another kinda ho-hum Madison show.

Yes, 11's great. They need to find a solid theme that they can really fill the whole show with, not just so they have musical material, guard costumes, and a title. They need something with that theatrical bravado that will allow the corps to have that signature Madison stage(field) presence

I still personally feel that 2015 was the best overall show in the last three or four years. And yes I know the Cavaliers were plagued with illness.

Madison Scouts long time alums and their long time fans know this, but in case others here on DCP do not :

The Madison Scouts have always returned to Finals the following season. They come back big too.

1972..... 14th

1973..... 4th

2002......14th

2003.......8th

2009.......15th

2010.......10th

2016.......13th

2017........?

2007-2008?