MADISON SCOUTS 2016

The comedy stylings of Channel3. Another instant classic. So confident. So ignorant.

Please respond to the content of the post. You get to pick the subject matter.

1) Historical scapegoating in the portrayal of Judas.

2) Avoiding biblical context for this production.

3) Avoiding a stark hanging in the production which is too sensitive and inappropriate for the drum corps 12 minute medium.

Go ahead sir. We all want to hear your thoughtful commentary on the production design! LOLz! PS: How did you survive college?

Edited by Channel3

I am jealous of the amount of free time that you have on your hands.

Thanks. Better to invest time now than regret it later when Madison makes rookie design errors. I consider it being proactive. :)

Just stop responding people, that's what gives them power.

Back to Madison.

Really liked the little snippet they posted. Ended up REALLY enjoying how last years show turned out, opening and closing minutes were really a blast, show was super polished come finals. Definitely one of my most listened to on the 2015 CD set. Excited to see how they kick it up another notch.

Edited by DrumManTx

Just stop responding people, that's what gives them power.

Back to Madison.

Really liked the little snippet they posted. Ended up REALLY enjoying how last years show turned out, opening and closing minutes were really a blast, show was super polished come finals. Definitely one of my most listened to on the 2015 CD set. Excited to see how they kick it up another notch.

Me too man. I hope they rock it! I hope there loud! I dont care what they play I hope it kicks but! Itll be a blast! I hope its clean! I hope its loud! I like them! Go Madison. My favorite. They're goign to pump it up to another level! Boom! I hope there drums are clean. Wall of sound! Hoo Rah! Pow!

Edited by Channel3

Me too man. I hope they rock it! I hope there loud! I dont care what they play I hope it kicks but! Itll be a blast! I hope its clean! I hope its loud! I like them! Go Madison. My favorite. They're goign to pump it up to another level! Boom! I hope there drums are clean. Wall of sound! Hoo Rah! Pow!

Probably your most sensible post yet!
  • Like 1

Channel3's post is a perfect example of eisegesis run amok, and this is why it is best to leave biblical history and scriptural interpretation to those who are specifically trained in it. When I need an exegetical approach to understanding a specific Bible verse, I seek out a qualified scholar.

Regarding Judas' race, there is no reference to it in the Bible. None. End of story. The most one can glean is he was Jewish. One can make suppositions about the meaning of Iscariot (region lived or sect origin, for example), but to apply it to his race is irresponsible scholarship.

Regarding whether or not biblical context should be avoided, perhaps the question should be: "Should biblical context be overt?" It's going to be implied no matter what approach is taken; Judas' life is inexorably connected to the Jesus biographies. Is Judas the personification of betrayal? Aren't we all in some sense? Benedict Arnold anybody?

Regarding Judas' hanging, Phantom murders somebody on a regular basis. Why are we getting queasy over a suicide all of the sudden? I would refrain from staging Judas' demise, but it is an important detail. Should it be attempted, I would urge extreme restraint.

• Like 1

Channel3's post is a perfect example of eisegesis run amok, and this is why it is best to leave biblical history and scriptural interpretation to those who are specifically trained in it. When I need an exegetical approach to understanding a specific Bible verse, I seek out a qualified scholar.

Regarding Judas' race, there is no reference to it in the Bible. None. End of story. The most one can glean is he was Jewish. One can make suppositions about the meaning of Iscariot (region lived or sect origin, for example), but to apply it to his race is irresponsible scholarship.

Regarding whether or not biblical context should be avoided, perhaps the question should be: "Should biblical context be overt?" It's going to be implied no matter what approach is taken; Judas' life is inexorably connected to the Jesus biographies. Is Judas the personification of betrayal? Aren't we all in some sense? Benedict Arnold anybody?

Regarding Judas' hanging, Phantom murders somebody on a regular basis. Why are we getting queasy over a suicide all of the sudden? I would refrain from staging Judas' demise, but it is an important detail. Should it be attempted, I would urge extreme restraint.

Wow, a quality post actually arose from one of Chanel3's troll posts. Good for you! Also I have now learned the word eisegesis!
  • Like 1

Channel 3 - Thank the good Lord Jesus we have you to wisely instruct the inept designers at the Madison Scouts.

You are truly brilliant! Hell, you worked on Billy Madison (doubt it), which demonstrates your creative superiority.

By the way, if you're going to name drop to show your credibility, Billy Madison may not be the best film to achieve that goal.

Thanks. Better to invest time now than regret it later when Madison makes rookie design errors. I consider it being proactive. :)

A little bit you are right.

Rookie as in first year back.

8th place finish at The 2015 DCI World Championship

2016 hitting you with the music of Jesus Christ Superstar

Yep, I think they have that proactive part taken care of, but thanks for your support.

Rookie, that's funny.

Channel 3 posts and the drinking game always go hand in hand. We had the the rare twofer in this one. The preachy from on high post AND the name drop! This is Miss Lippy stuff of the highest order, to be sure. ($1 to me for the obscure Billy Madison reference)

For those of you late to the game, join us in the drink of your choice.

• Like 1