MADISON SCOUTS 2016

From the videos that I have seen of the feeds in the alumni group I have to truly agree with you. It appears to me that they surpassed where the guys left off last year in both design and talent. I think that many people were hesitant to believe that this could be possible when they heard that the scouts were doing the music from JCSS again. I was skeptical at first until I saw it. You have to remember that a lot of music to that musical was never even touched in the 1999 show. And the angle of the entire theme is from the twisted, angry, jealous, bizarre mind of Judas this time, rather than through the eyes of Christ. This is what I see from the show so far. I wander if at the end of this show the tree shows up with a rope? We all know what eventually happened to Judas in the end. But that might be too sensitive of a line to cross. But, yeah I can say people will be pleasantly surprised or disappointed, depending on what you feel about the scouts. I am excited as h!!!. No pun intended.

Yes, this show is vastly different from the 1999 show. I'll have to see it live in uniform before I can say whether I think it's better or not. Huge leap forward in design from last year. Huge. And, last year's design was great!

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 1

With admittedly no knowledge other than a couple of Vic Firth videos and a show logo, I'd not be surprised to see the tree with a noose at the close of the show. Anyone familiar with the musical at all (or the Bible) will know where the show is going and what it means.

Mike

With admittedly no knowledge other than a couple of Vic Firth videos and a show logo, I'd not be surprised to see the tree with a noose at the close of the show. Anyone familiar with the musical at all (or the Bible) will know where the show is going and what it means.

Mike

Well actually, (Matthew 27:5; Acts 1:18) don't agree. [cf. Apostles by Tom Bissell, just out this Spring: I found it a tedious read. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/13/books/review/apostle-by-tom-bissell.html].

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

Well actually, (Matthew 27:5; Acts 1:18) don't agree. [cf. Apostles by Tom Bissell, just out this Spring: I found it a tedious read. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/13/books/review/apostle-by-tom-bissell.html].

Yeah, but it would probably be easier to depict judas hanging himself than it would be to fall and have his guts spill out. Just sayin'.

• Like 1

https://www.facebook.com/MadisonScouts/videos/10153464299590916/

A nice video of a chord sequence with a show tag.

• Like 5

Yeah, but it would probably be easier to depict judas hanging himself than it would be to fall and have his guts spill out. Just sayin'.

Hey, if Phantom Regiment can pull off a decapitation what's a little evisceration between friends?