MADISON SCOUTS 2016

I may be looking through green colored glasses but from what I saw from last night, I think at this point the biggest issue with Madison is they just need to clean, clean, clean. The show has plenty of visual and musical demand to be in the top seven at least in my opinion for what it's worth, and I have been around this activity since 1978. I wouldn't count them out just yet.

The scores are low because the ending is flawed from a theme perspective. Easily fixed. Make a bigger final statement in the staging about how Judas and his demons separate themselves from the upbeat JCSS tune at the end. So during the last upbeat tune, have the guard separate themselves completely from the rest of the corps, not participate in the last tune, huddle around Judas, as he flees off the field, dejected during the final strains. The guard completely excludes itself from the corps and flees off the field in a tight circle around Judas. In this way you show Judas' depression and separation, foreshadowing his eventual suicide. Done.

Edited by Channel3

The scores are low because the ending is flawed from a theme perspective. Easily fixed. Make a bigger final statement in the staging about how Judas and his demons separate themselves from the upbeat JCSS tune at the end. So during the last upbeat tune, have the guard separate themselves completely from the rest of the corps, not participate in the last tune, huddle around Judas, as he flees off the field, dejected during the final strains. The guard completely excludes itself from the corps and flees off the field in a tight circle around Judas. In this way you show Judas' depression and separation, foreshadowing his eventual suicide. Done.

Thank you for that observation. I appreciate your honest feedback.

Be critical all you want, but maybe focus your energy in a way that will work. When was the last time you reached out to the staff with concerns, stopped by a rehearsal, volunteered with the corps?

I highly doubt any of that gas happens recently, if ever.

But yeah, I'm wrong for calling people out for sitting behind a screen name and #####ing about the corps.

How arrogant would I have to be to do something like that? And how stupid would they have to be to actually take some armchair quarterback's advice? If I'm advising a top 12 corps from home, then I should just be on staff. I don't think anyone here is implying they could do better. But this is a discussion board, so pick your wedgie about people contacting the leadership with their concerns. Not our place.

The fact that you admitted that you've "consulted" with them multiple times is embarrassing. I'm sure they rolled their eyes after hanging up. What a weird thing to do.

And I've worked with the corps on more than one occasion, including pulling them out of a tough situation, last minute. So, you probably shouldn't assume too much.

Edited by BigBadMadMan

What was the sheep's name?

Your Mom. ;)

Be critical all you want, but maybe focus your energy in a way that will work. When was the last time you reached out to the staff with concerns, stopped by a rehearsal, volunteered with the corps?

I highly doubt any of that gas happens recently, if ever.

But yeah, I'm wrong for calling people out for sitting behind a screen name and #####ing about the corps.

Well then, applying your own logic, you have no business being on this forum. You should be volunteering and not be here. I for one would like it if you took your own advice.