MADISON SCOUTS 2016

What an absolutely beautiful morning!

Thank you for that observation. I appreciate your honest feedback.

• Like 1

The scores are low because the ending is flawed from a theme perspective. Easily fixed. Make a bigger final statement in the staging about how Judas and his demons separate themselves from the upbeat JCSS tune at the end. So during the last upbeat tune, have the guard separate themselves completely from the rest of the corps, not participate in the last tune, huddle around Judas, as he flees off the field, dejected during the final strains. The guard completely excludes itself from the corps and flees off the field in a tight circle around Judas. In this way you show Judas' depression and separation, foreshadowing his eventual suicide. Done.

I was there last night. They need to do something. The guard uniforms are so nearly a match to the Judas character's that I wasn't sure which one was supposed to be Judas. The scene where he hangs himself was so short and unfocused, as channel3 says, that I nearly missed it. There's a reason their GE score is lagging. They need to make some changes. Edited by HockeyDad

What an absolutely beautiful morning!

Its a good day for most sheep too!

• Like 1

Well then, applying your own logic, you have no business being on this forum. You should be volunteering and not be here. I for one would like it if you took your own advice.

I do volunteer, and support financially, but thanks for chiming in!

This is an observation from a lifelong fan of the Scouts (naturally, as I'm from the Madison area) and of the entire DC activity. I truly am a fan of all the corps. Of course I always want the Scours to do well. I was hooked in HS in 1984 when my band director introduced me to the activity. I can't begin to count the number of shows ive been to or the dollars I've spent supporting the activity.

As much as it pains me to say it, I really have been disappointed with the Scouts since around the 05 show. It seems they have been stuck in a rut trying to figure out a way to play music they did in there glory days. Recycled, watered down, mashed up versions of it. This years show is no exception. You hear so many familiar melodies of the 99 show but keep finding yourself wanting them to just play the whole 99 show instead of what we get. It's literally littered with 99 stuff, but doesn't have near the impact due to (my opinion only) the natural comparisons to 99. Honestly at this point, why not add the cross to star ending? It certainly would work better than the product we see today. Not only that, may be one of the best endings ever.

Madison when compared to the top 5-6 are being out designed and in a big way. They are also being out marched, outplayed and out witted (no survivor pun intended). This was so glaringly obvious at the Middleton show I was at last week. Following Crown shows it off as plain as day. The upper eschelon corps are on an entirely different level and unless wholesale changes are made, the results you've seen since 06 can and will be the norm. Pretty simple really. Other Corps have figured out that you don't need a silly theme that your supposed to try understanding to have the show make sense. You don't walk away from this show really having any understanding as to what it's about, unless your a DC geek who has done there homework prior to viewing.

I want to end that I am first and foremost a Scouts fan, that will never change. I want them on the top of the activity, I iust simply don't see that happening unless the entire mentality of the corps leadership changes. It happened at Bluecoats and Crown, why cant it happen in Madison?

• Like 2

This is an observation from a lifelong fan of the Scouts (naturally, as I'm from the Madison area) and of the entire DC activity. I truly am a fan of all the corps. Of course I always want the Scours to do well. I was hooked in HS in 1984 when my band director introduced me to the activity. I can't begin to count the number of shows ive been to or the dollars I've spent supporting the activity.

As much as it pains me to say it, I really have been disappointed with the Scouts since around the 05 show. It seems they have been stuck in a rut trying to figure out a way to play music they did in there glory days. Recycled, watered down, mashed up versions of it. This years show is no exception. You hear so many familiar melodies of the 99 show but keep finding yourself wanting them to just play the whole 99 show instead of what we get. It's literally littered with 99 stuff, but doesn't have near the impact due to (my opinion only) the natural comparisons to 99. Honestly at this point, why not add the cross to star ending? It certainly would work better than the product we see today. Not only that, may be one of the best endings ever.

Madison when compared to the top 5-6 are being out designed and in a big way. They are also being out marched, outplayed and out witted (no survivor pun intended). This was so glaringly obvious at the Middleton show I was at last week. Following Crown shows it off as plain as day. The upper eschelon corps are on an entirely different level and unless wholesale changes are made, the results you've seen since 06 can and will be the norm. Pretty simple really. Other Corps have figured out that you don't need a silly theme that your supposed to try understanding to have the show make sense. You don't walk away from this show really having any understanding as to what it's about, unless your a DC geek who has done there homework prior to viewing.

I want to end that I am first and foremost a Scouts fan, that will never change. I want them on the top of the activity, I iust simply don't see that happening unless the entire mentality of the corps leadership changes. It happened at Bluecoats and Crown, why cant it happen in Madison?

A lot of the issues that plague Phantom Regiment are very similar to the ones that plague the Madison Scouts. Both corps have a rich history and identity and they are both struggling to maintain it while also making sure to modernize at the same time. I'm interested to see how both corps deal with it in the next few years.

A lot of the issues that plague Phantom Regiment are very similar to the ones that plague the Madison Scouts. Both corps have a rich history and identity and they are both struggling to maintain it while also making sure to modernize at the same time. I'm interested to see how both corps deal with it in the next few years.

I agree with this. Most recently the Cavies have had to deal with this as well. It's extremely hard to find the right combination of modern while holding on to what gave you your identity. It's a necessary evil if you're going to compete near the top again. Some corps have figured it out, some are figuring it out and some are getting left behind.

I think it boils down to the fact that they aren't drawing the talent they once did. When they fell on hard times in the early 00's, the talent began to look elsewhere.

I was there last night. They need to do something. The guard uniforms are so nearly a match to the Judas character's that I wasn't sure which one was supposed to be Judas. The scene where he hangs himself was so short and unfocused, as channel3 says, that I nearly missed it. There's a reason their GE score is lagging. They need to make some changes.

I am still hoping for a disembowelment (see Acts 1:18).

• Like 1