If you won the lottery...

With $100 million? $49.5 million to bribe enough corps directors to eliminate the maximum age rule for me and me alone. Then one lucky director gets another $49.5 million from me as I bribe my way into their corps.

What about the remaining $1 million? That's probably how much I'd need in PT and other health repair costs from marching a season these days...Come to think of it, me on the field right now might do more harm to drum corps then $100 million could undo...So scratch the whole thing!

Edited by troon8
  • Like 2

There's a lot of really good, altruistic ideas here.

Not from me.

I would purchase a complete line of Kanstul G Bugles and donate them to a top 12 corps, just to see what a modern hornline can do with them, just for a season. Maybe Madison for their 80th? Could you imagine Crown's brass using them for a year?

• Like 2

First thing I'd do is buy and then move The Crossmen back to Philly where they belong.

Second thing I'd do is buy The Cadets and move them to San Antonio to see how George likes it.

JK about the 2nd part (sort of :tounge2: )

Edited by cf144
  • Like 5

(Note: for brevity "m" indicates thousands and "mm" indicates millions)

1. $3mm/yr (the overstated equivilent of what DCI pays out to the corps in performace fees annually) for two years unrestricted, then for each of the next three years where DCI's gross revenue was 10% higher than the prior year. ($15mm)

2. $2.5mm for each of five voting BOD positions turned over to non-affiliated at-large board members (leaving two positions for corps reps) ($12.5mm)

3. Matching retained earnings of each corps up to $500m dollar for dollar in each year retained earnings increases by 5% from prior year ($10mm)

4. $500m to fund an international search for a new Executive Director each five years ($500m)

5. $300m to fund an international search for at-large board members on a three-year rotation ($300m)

6. $1.8mm to pay annual salary of $200m for ED and $50m for each at-large BOD member ($1.8mm)

7. $5.4mm to fund $3,000 scholarships for up to 15 members of each corps (or 10% of MM's whichever is lower) ($5.4mm)

8. $1mm to fund up to $10m per year per corps for five years of music licensing ($1mm)

9. $5mm in matching funds of up to $100m/yr of non-MM revenue in Open Class corps for 3 years ($5mm)

10. $3mm in matching seed money to fund the DCI Highly-Restricted Emergency fund ($3mm)

Total $54.5million. The remaining $45.5mm is mine and would be leveraged to produce about $3.8mm in annual revenue that I would use to fund my lavish 1st class annual drum corps fan tour for 10 of my best DCP buds (get in line), and to donate to individual corps who provide me with the best seats and useless chotchkies from their souvie trucks.

Hey, a guy can dream, right?

:tounge2:

Edited by garfield

(Note: for brevity "m" indicates thousands and "mm" indicates millions)

1. $3mm/yr (the overstated equivilent of what DCI pays out to the corps in performace fees annually) for two years unrestricted, then for each of the next three years where DCI's gross revenue was 10% higher than the prior year. ($15mm)

2. $2.5mm for each of five voting BOD positions turned over to non-affiliated at-large board members (leaving two positions for corps reps) ($12.5mm)

3. Matching retained earnings of each corps up to $500m dollar for dollar in each year retained earnings increases by 5% from prior year ($10mm)

4. $500m to fund an international search for a new Executive Director each five years ($500m)

5. $300m to fund an international search for at-large board members on a three-year rotation ($300m)

6. $1.8mm to pay annual salary of $200m for ED and $50m for each at-large BOD member ($1.8mm)

7. $5.4mm to fund $3,000 scholarships for up to 15 members of each corps (or 10% of MM's whichever is higher) ($5.4mm)

8. $1mm to fund up to $10m per year per corps for five years of music licensing ($1mm)

9. $5mm in matching funds of up to $100m/yr of non-MM revenue in Open Class corps for 3 years ($5mm)

10. $3mm in matching seed money to fund the DCI Highly-Restricted Emergency fund ($3mm)

Total $54.5million. The remaining $45.5mm is mine and would be leveraged to produce about $3.8mm in annual revenue that I would use to fund my lavish 1st class annual drum corps fan tour for 10 of my best DCP buds (get in line), and to donate to individual corps who provide me with the best seats and useless chotchkies from their souvie trucks.

Hey, a guy can dream, right?

:tounge2:

Garfield, I'm your buddy.