If you won the lottery...

I'd buy a tshirt. Heh. I'm kidding. I'd go to the beach then buy a tshirt.

I can see this being unpopular, but honestly, I would bring a folded corps back under the contingency that the Mark Chambers be corps director, and Aaron Guidry write the music. I just don't think we saw all what they (mostly Guidry) has to offer to the activity.

• Like 1

after keeping $5mil for myself, I guess I'd pay DCI and whatever national broadcaster agreed to the contract, whatever it took, to broadcast Finals live on TV, every single year until the money ran out.

I know if it weren't for the ESPN broadcasts back in 1999 - 2001, I might not have ever heard of DCI. I tell you the truth, once I came across the broadcast, I was hooked.

• Like 1

I would donate 25 million directly to DCI with the following conditions:

1. That they distribute the funds properly with the intent of lowering tuition for marching members.

2. That they permanently eliminate all electronics.

3. Color guard must do equipment work for at least 10 minutes of each show.

4. Certain body movement will result in penalties:

a. One tenth of a point for each "bug squash"

b. Half a point every time they do the "twisty waist, swivel the knees" move

c. One full point for each time a member falls to the ground, rolls around, and reaches to the sky as if reborn.

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 4

If I had unlimited funds,

The DCI logo would be in the middle of the field, not some horseshoe. The logos of all then-current corps would also be placed in the end-zones.

I think that's the best suggestion I've ever heard!

You might want to put that in the "DCI Suggestion" thread on the off-chance somebody from DCI might actually be reading.

The DCI logo would be in the middle of the field, not some horseshoe. The logos of all then-current corps would also be placed in the end-zones.

That's a really cool idea. I'm almost 100% certain I remember at least one year at LOS where the Colts helmet was NOT painted on the field.

• Like 1

I would donate 25 million directly to DCI with the following conditions:

1. That they distribute the funds properly with the intent of lowering tuition for marching members.

2. That they permanently eliminate all electronics.

3. Color guard must do equipment work for at least 10 minutes of each show.

4. Certain body movement will result in penalties:

a. One tenth of a point for each "bug squash"

b. Half a point every time they do the "twisty waist, swivel the knees" move

c. One full point for each time a member falls to the ground, rolls around, and reaches to the sky as if reborn.

Yeah, you can keep your money.

• Like 3

Yeah, you can keep your money.

You can keep your Goo.

I'll take goo if it means I can keep the depth to show design that synthesized sounds allow for. I'd much rather watch a show with meaning than listen to 10 minutes of amazing, but meaningless horn playing (Cadets 2015).

I'll take goo if it means I can keep the depth to show design that synthesized sounds allow for. I'd much rather watch a show with meaning than listen to 10 minutes of amazing, but meaningless horn playing (Cadets 2015).

Why not have both? Diversity is our friend, and we have exactly that in the current state of DCI.

• Like 1