Official 2016 Staff Changes

This looks like a picture circa 1959.

He probably can't dance like Gene Kelly did from the 50's also. But his 21st century wife is not a 1959 cardboard cutout woman that he dances with either.

• Like 1

You must be stronger at soccer. If you read the the actual announcement from Crossmen, the Crown alums were '15 Crown visual staff techs and are leaving Ft. Mill. Maybe the Texas crew included an oil rig or two in their compensation package.

Question still stands: What is really happening at Crown? Or do we have to wait until May for some hints?

Techs are techs. They fluctuate a lot year to year. The only time you wonder is when the caption heads leave on their own and not due to being let go. Now I know other corps have tried to hire several crown people on vis staff and had its up and downs. I believe majority of troopers vis staff has some connection. Still looking for news on some caption heads being let go.

Techs are techs. They fluctuate a lot year to year. The only time you wonder is when the caption heads leave on their own and not due to being let go. Now I know other corps have tried to hire several crown people on vis staff and had its up and downs. I believe majority of troopers vis staff has some connection. Still looking for news on some caption heads being let go.

BD and Cadets don't fluctuate their viz techs much. Most are there for many seasons.

BD and Cadets don't fluctuate their viz techs much. Most are there for many seasons.

And its principally why they've remained in the top tier for the last 3 decades. As we look at the off season staff musical chairs, its almost without exception the same Corps that are hiring, firing, replacing, quitting, etc...... and the same handful of elite, top tier Corps that are retaining staffers in place each and every year. Some of the top tier Corps have had the same people running things since the rotary dial phone days. ( and their 40 year friends judging them in the booths, we could add ) Its just the way it is, and we've settled in and become accustomed to it all over the years too.

Edited by BRASSO

And its principally why they've remained in the top tier for the last 3 decades. As we look at the off season staff musical chairs, its almost without exception the same Corps that are hiring, firing, replacing, quitting, etc...... and the same handful of elite, top tier Corps that are retaining staffers in place each and every year. Some of the top tier Corps have had the same people running things since the rotary dial phone days. ( and their 40 year friends judging them in the booths, we could add ) Its just the way it is, and we've settled in and become accustomed to it all over the years too.

I still own a rotary phone. (My arm/hand tremors, an old hockey injury, don't negatively effect the dialing.)

HOLY IMPOSTERS BATMAN!

That is most certainly not me. However, this is ironic that I went to college with a few of the design staff.

I have way better hair than that guy.

Though while I am crazy enough to work as teaching staff, recruiter, admin...etc etc etc. I am not crazy enough (at least at this point in time) to actually want to be the captain of a drum corps. And yes, I'm a creative type by day, tromboner by night. Worst superhero ever.

To be clear, this is not the Chris Holland on DCP on CHolland tag. His creds are Madison. However, his professional day job seems to be flowing with the activity and Boston may be interested if they can handle two Chris Hollands. http://hollandlighting.com/home.html

• Like 2

Some give the impression that long time staff is a negative. Hmmmm..sounds quite stable and smart to me. There isn't a corps out there that wouldn't love to have long time staffers like this. It's a goal of most but only a few can achieve. It takes alot to obtain a well oiled machine that actually works.

Edited by GUARDLING

Some give the impression that long time staff is a negative. Hmmmm..sounds quite stable and smart to me. There isn't a corps out there that wouldn't love to have long time staffers like this. It's a goal of most but only a few can achieve. It takes alot to obtain a well oiled machine that actually works.

This does compare to the sports world. The franchises and colleges that change coaching staffs and front offices every couple of years are always struggling to "build a winner." The more stable teams tend to perform better. But it's also possible they get complacent too.

This does compare to the sports world. The franchises and colleges that change coaching staffs and front offices every couple of years are always struggling to "build a winner." The more stable teams tend to perform better. But it's also possible they get complacent too.

Yes.. Unless its a retirement, successful teams rarely change staffs. Nobody with half a brain would think they would ever want to do so either.

I still own a rotary phone. (My arm/hand tremors, an old hockey injury, don't negatively effect the dialing.)

When and if the day comes when we can't dial ANY phone, thats the day to hang it all up, xandandl. So keep dialing ( haha!)