Official 2016 Staff Changes

I think we see a Cadet guard change or addition perhaps from someone already under the YEA umbrella. (Their DCA corps Cadets2 has a very strong guard and may win the caption this weekend at DCA finals).

John LeMire and crew have done a wonderful job this summer and most any other place they have taught: Trumbull H.S., Alter Ego, Hurricanes (previous summers.)

I wonder if Alter Ego's commitment this summer to that unusual contemporary music artist-color guard exhibition series in NYC kept him and others from being added to Cadets staff this past season. I acknowledge from experience that there is a major shift in teaching part-time (weekend only, stay at home rather than nationally tour) units compared to being part of the DCI tour for 90days and Spring Training.

I would like to see some of this influence integrated into Cadets. They have immense member talent and think some new eyes can make that guard much more of a visual asset.

Edited by Tobias

John LeMire and crew have done a wonderful job this summer and most any other place they have taught: Trumbull H.S., Alter Ego, Hurricanes (previous summers.)

I wonder if Alter Ego's commitment this summer to that unusual contemporary music artist-color guard exhibition series in NYC kept him and others from being added to Cadets staff this past season. I acknowledge from experience that there is a major shift in teaching part-time (weekend only, stay at home rather than nationally tour) units compared to being part of the DCI tour for 90days and Spring Training.

I know once he told me NEVER...not about cadets just in general. even to go in and out of a corps during the summer. BUT Ive said the same so Never say never I guess......lol

VERY welcome announcement to me. Keeping what was obviously strong and changing the weak link that was pretty obvious in the scores from San Antonio until championships. I was sad when Ford left along with Sullivan in 2011, glad to see him coming back! Loved the work in 2008, 2009, and 2010 for sure, and I'm a personal fan of 2011. His success at Tarpon is a great indicator of what to expect, though we've already seen his great work with them before. Looking forward to what 2016 brings!

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

Who is supposed to be updating the first page? The Crossmen visual staff announcement still isn't on there.

Will get to it soon. Generally a little too busy during the week to make updates. And it's hard to do on the phone.