Official 2016 Staff Changes

I've updated the OP. However, I do have some questions that need clearing up:

1. Boston's system for staff positions is a little unusual and so I am confused as to whether Jay Murphy is replacing Adam Sage or if there is a difference between Visual Designer vs. Visual Coordinator.

2. There are a few staff changes where I was not sure as to who is being replaced since not all corps keep archives of staff from previous years. If you see any updates that are missing the person who is being replaced/is leaving, please let me know who it is so I can make the changes accordingly.

Thanks for all the updates everyone!

Well blue stars visual caption head has a post on Facebook about teching Madison this year. Chris Kaflik out and nobody announced yet.

"

Very excited about two new additions to our visual staff at the Madison Scouts. I'm so lucky to have Chris Kaflik and Dusty Del Moro agree to be on board and help us develop the program. These are two of the brightest stars in the activity and I can't wait to see what they do with Blake and the crew."

Edited by BlueStainGlass
  • Like 1

Well, the last "safe, insider" they chose for that position seemed to work out okay.

Are you equating Pitts to Shaw?

• Like 1

Are you equating Pitts to Shaw?

(disclaimer: I'm not fired up about the Pitts hire - I've heard some of his wind ensemble stuff and like it, and I've heard some of his HS arrangements and don't like it)

Buick brings up a good point: What had Shaw really done prior to being named arranger in 2002? He'd arranged for Boston Crusaders at some point in the 90s, I think. He'd arranged for a brass ensemble that he participated in. Other than that, had he done much? Granted, he was older, and he'd served on some staffs. Shaw was primarily a performer, Pitts is primarily a composer - I think there are positives for each perspective.

• Like 2

(disclaimer: I'm not fired up about the Pitts hire - I've heard some of his wind ensemble stuff and like it, and I've heard some of his HS arrangements and don't like it)

Buick brings up a good point: What had Shaw really done prior to being named arranger in 2002? He'd arranged for Boston Crusaders at some point in the 90s, I think. He'd arranged for a brass ensemble that he participated in. Other than that, had he done much? Granted, he was older, and he'd served on some staffs. Shaw was primarily a performer, Pitts is primarily a composer - I think there are positives for each perspective.

True JD wasn't super proven, but had good stuff out there, plus, come on, he's insanely talented.

I would have tried to get someone a little more proven with how much that part of their design needed work.

Also, and really importantly. Unlike a lot of people tied to Regiment. Will Pitts is REALLY good at shaking hands, making friends, and generally not being one of those "inside looking out" types you see a lot of at Regiment. He is a good face for the organization that people WANT to reward and WANT to like.

I agree with this 100%

• Like 1