Official 2016 Staff Changes

Then why are you trolling?

Wait, wait, he's the troll?

Then why are you trolling?

Trolling?

Not after being there for 17 years, then arranging the sponsorships for 30+ marching members there since I stopped touring full time (some I paid for, others I twisted arms of others to help out) and even was Miss Hopkins' baby sitter several times on tour while her parents duked it out elsewhere.

Consider it more like making sure the best return is coming on my investments and those of others rather than the erratic agenda of one person currently holding the strings. "Absolute power corrupts absolutely" I think has been the axiom in history.

Perhaps Cadets show theme this year will be from Hans Christian Andersen, "The Emperor's New Clothes."

Edited by xandandl

well you sure have an axe to grind. maybe it's time to air out name, rank, serial number and all of the dirt you seem to tease everyone with

• Like 9

a lot of news of more staff changes of several corps around, perhaps waiting until the Collegiate Band Festivals in Allentown and the New England College Band Festival in New Britain, CT, both this Sunday in order to announce.

http://patch.com/connecticut/naugatuck/2015-new-england-collegiate-marching-band-festival-0

http://vivaceproductions.com/cmbf/

Edited by xandandl

Come on, let's not make those type of statements on here.

I'm all about accountability. If you run the caption and it fails you lose your position. That's the way the world should work.

Regarding movement, I thought that the Cadets guard's dance movement this past summer was one of their biggest weaknesses.

I tend to agree as well. It was clumsy and inappropriate.

I'll add this to the list of things I'm told cost them the championship which, if I'm not mistaken, now includes everything on earth but the three corps that beat them.

I'm fairly certain the guard was highlighted consistently by most observers (and judges) as the corps major weakness. Being as the brass & drums finished #1 and #2 - it is pretty obvious

I'm fairly certain the guard was highlighted consistently by most observers (and judges) as the corps major weakness. Being as the brass & drums finished #1 and #2 - it is pretty obvious

Agreed and guard is NOT the caption to have a weakness. (I.e.: Crown with a 5th place percussion still won GE),,
  • Like 1

Jim Ancona announced as Crown Front Ensemble Designer and Caption Head

What a great addition to the Crown's percussion staff. Was fantastic with SCV in the Casella years. Also had a hand with Star 93. I was always thought in IMO that the front ensemble arrangement needed to go a direction, though the arrangement for Adagio in G minor was amazing!