Official 2016 Staff Changes

1. The person on page one who started this topic. 2. Cappy, please put your real life on hold and help 78 from possibly having a nervous breakdown.

I'm at a loss figuring out what about my question implied a nervous breakdown.

even in the 80's you still had people driving or flying great distances to march places when you had other corps far closer. this is not some overnight issue

When I marched Freelancers in 83 and 84 about half of the corps was from So Cal. We had our camps in Fresno. 2 buses would leave the corps hall in Sac and two buses would leave from So Cal and we would all meet in Fresno. I think we had no choice at the time because it was pretty difficult to field a corps from members primarily from northern CA. when you had BD and SCV just 90 or so miles away from SAC. We were competing with VK, BD,SCV, Dons and Valley Fever for members.

Sorry off topic

Edited by jmc5682

Here is an announcement from the Colts on the leadership of their design team. Looks like a good hire!

http://www.colts.org/news/news.cfm?news_id=864

All other staff has been removed from their staff page so I am looking forward to seeing the changes that will be coming! GO COLTS!

Weinstein has a great record. Other that being director, what on-field role did he have with the BAC and Blue Stars shows?

That is, coordinating a program and directing a corps would seem to be very different roles.

Depends on the corps for the roles, but I agree-what capacity of design did he have?

I'm at a loss figuring out what about my question implied a nervous breakdown.

I just read your post as a person who was very anxious and upset that some info had not been posted yet and if you had taken a breath would have realized that the OP was doing the heavy lifting. I didn't think it was critical to have the information you craved ASAP and that you may have felt the Crossmen were being neglected.

I will never get excited by these instructor changes like some do. Most of them were the greatest hiring at each of their previous corps and some DCP posters get all pumped up. But, in the short run, some worked out, some didn't and they move on to another corps or back to a corps they taught several years back.

• Like 1

Bob Barfield announces via FB that he has accepted position as visual caption head at Troopers.

Bob hopped on to the later days of the Troopers' 2015 tour to bring the clean. Now he's in charge of visual instruction from the very first camp.

Looks like Troop understands what it needs to continue improvement. HLD, y'all.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman