Official 2016 Staff Changes

Just saw this, and very excited. Jeff is a great guy and I look forward to this a lot. Also great news about Howard and Bob Barfield. Have worked closely with them before, and Bob was recently selected to work with the 2017 Bands of America Honor Band that'll be marching in the Tournament of Roses Parade.

• Like 1

Bob Barfield announces via FB that he has accepted position as visual caption head at Troopers.

Bob hopped on to the later days of the Troopers's 2015 tour to bring the clean. Now he's in charge of visual instruction from the very first camp.

Looks like Troop understands what it needs to continue improvement. HLD, y'all.

I marched with Bob. He's fantastic (did a great job when he was at Boston) and will do great things with Troopers.

Lots of really smart/seemingly smart changes thus far across the board.

I agree-seems that all announcements have been in areas where many fans believed needed improving or tweaking.

I just read your post as a person who was very anxious and upset that some info had not been posted yet and if you had taken a breath would have realized that the OP was doing the heavy lifting. I didn't think it was critical to have the information you craved ASAP and that you may have felt the Crossmen were being neglected.

You

read

wrong.

• Like 1

I will never get excited by these instructor changes like some do. Most of them were the greatest hiring at each of their previous corps and some DCP posters get all pumped up. But, in the short run, some worked out, some didn't and they move on to another corps or back to a corps they taught several years back.

The same fans who cheer the hiring of the new coach are the ones yelling and screaming for him to be fired after a few bad seasons. Staff change announcement are a lot like coverage of the NFL Draft. It all sounds great at the time, then when it doesn't work out people say, "What were they thinking?" It's all optimistic right now, which it should be. We WANT all the changes to work out for the best, but we secretly know they all won't.

Maybe the OP got caught viewing the Kansas State thread and wasn't allowed to update this one.

Is there a way of handing off a thread's responsibility if circumstances warrant?

I do have a life you know. I will update the thread on weekends (I'm typing this from my phone) when I get time. If you are willing to take over the responsibility of this thread, Xandandl, I implore you to ask the admins to hand it off to you. Otherwise, you will need to just sit content with the updates being shown on the discussion parts of this thread and the OP being updated every weekend.

Thanks.

• Like 3

I do have a life you know. I will update the thread on weekends (I'm typing this from my phone) when I get time. If you are willing to take over the responsibility of this thread, Xandandl, I implore you to ask the admins to hand it off to you. Otherwise, you will need to just sit content with the updates being shown on the discussion parts of this thread and the OP being updated every weekend.

Thanks.

This is annual news updates. Rarely will any change not last at least one year. We're not talking about a 24 hour news cycle. I think we can wait a few days for the OP to reflect the contents.

Thanks for what you are doing. :cool: