Official 2016 Staff Changes

no sense of humor

First sentence seemed like a joke. I got it.

Second sentence didn't seem like a joke. Maybe try emoticons next time? :silly:

• Like 1

From Spirit's FB page:

The Board of Directors of the Spirit of Atlanta Drum and Bugle Corps are proud to announce Chris Moore as Corps Director, and David Coheley as Assistant Corps Director for the 2015-16 season.
Jeff Nelson, President of the Board of Directors had this to say, “Spirit of Atlanta is very excited to have Chris and Dave on board to guide us through Spirit’s 2016, 40th anniversary season. Both gentlemen are highly regarded alumni and former staff members of Spirit, bringing with them a wealth of leadership experience and many deep connections into the marching arts and education scene in the Southeastern U.S.”
Chris Moore currently serves as Director of Athletic Bands and Coordinator of Percussion Studies at the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, Georgia where he has been since 1995. “I am extremely honored to be reunited with Spirit of Atlanta,” states Chris. “Spirit is an organization so dear to my heart with such a rich history in Drum Corps International, and in our community.” Mr. Moore has a long association with Spirit of Atlanta having marched 1980-82, and 1984. He served on staff in 1989 and 1990. “I look forward to working with an energized board of directors, engaging our incredible alumni base and assembling an outstanding design and educational team. I hope that team will give our members the very best experience.”
Chris holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Jacksonville State University where he was a four-year member of the Marching Southerner’s drumline. He earned a Master of Music degree from East Carolina University where he was as a percussion graduate assistant in the School of Music and for the Marching Pirates.
Encouraged by the work of the new Board of Directors so far Chris is excited to begin planning for the 2016 season. “The hiring process has already begun for an impressive design, instructional and operational staff. It is our goal to bring a qualified and enthusiastic team to further advance a program that provides one of the best leadership, character and growth opportunities for youth we can imagine.”
David Coheley is the music director at Our Lady of the Assumption School in Atlanta, Georgia. Like Chris, he has a rich history with Spirit of Atlanta having marched from 1981-84, and served on staff in 1985, ’92, and ’93. “I am sincerely appreciative to the Spirit of Atlanta Board of Directors for allowing me to become part of such an extraordinary organization. My wife was a charter member of Spirit of Atlanta, and we love this corps with all of our hearts.”
David has served as a judge for WGI and DCA. He is also the percussion arranger for many local high schools as well as Second Bridge Indoor percussion. In 2011, David was inducted into the SCGC Hall of Fame for his years of service as percussion coordinator. During his tenure in WGI the number of competitive groups tripled and judges' training was expanded. Mr. Coheley is percussion arranger and caption head for four bands in metropolitan Atlanta, and also is on the staff of the Atlanta Falcons Drum Line.
“Spirit of Atlanta is my drum corps home,” states David. “This organization has helped me to become the husband, father and teacher I am today.” Like Chris, David feels “the organizational changes made in the last month will make a phenomenal impact on the success of Spirit of Atlanta.”
Chris and David are proudly committed to providing the most successful and educational opportunities for every member of the corps. “Success will depend on the drive, commitment and desire from all of us,” states David.
Spirit of Atlanta continues to prepare for the 2016 season, and more information will be available soon. Please look out for staff announcements in the very near future.
‪#‎DCI‬ ‪#‎SoA‬ ‪#‎Announcements‬

From Spirit's FB page:

The Board of Directors of the Spirit of Atlanta Drum and Bugle Corps are proud to announce Chris Moore as Corps Director, and David Coheley as Assistant Corps Director for the 2015-16 season.

Jeff Nelson, President of the Board of Directors had this to say, “Spirit of Atlanta is very excited to have Chris and Dave on board to guide us through Spirit’s 2016, 40th anniversary season. Both gentlemen are highly regarded alumni and former staff members of Spirit, bringing with them a wealth of leadership experience and many deep connections into the marching arts and education scene in the Southeastern U.S.”

Chris Moore currently serves as Director of Athletic Bands and Coordinator of Percussion Studies at the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, Georgia where he has been since 1995. “I am extremely honored to be reunited with Spirit of Atlanta,” states Chris. “Spirit is an organization so dear to my heart with such a rich history in Drum Corps International, and in our community.” Mr. Moore has a long association with Spirit of Atlanta having marched 1980-82, and 1984. He served on staff in 1989 and 1990. “I look forward to working with an energized board of directors, engaging our incredible alumni base and assembling an outstanding design and educational team. I hope that team will give our members the very best experience.”

Chris holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Jacksonville State University where he was a four-year member of the Marching Southerner’s drumline. He earned a Master of Music degree from East Carolina University where he was as a percussion graduate assistant in the School of Music and for the Marching Pirates.

Encouraged by the work of the new Board of Directors so far Chris is excited to begin planning for the 2016 season. “The hiring process has already begun for an impressive design, instructional and operational staff. It is our goal to bring a qualified and enthusiastic team to further advance a program that provides one of the best leadership, character and growth opportunities for youth we can imagine.”

David Coheley is the music director at Our Lady of the Assumption School in Atlanta, Georgia. Like Chris, he has a rich history with Spirit of Atlanta having marched from 1981-84, and served on staff in 1985, ’92, and ’93. “I am sincerely appreciative to the Spirit of Atlanta Board of Directors for allowing me to become part of such an extraordinary organization. My wife was a charter member of Spirit of Atlanta, and we love this corps with all of our hearts.”

David has served as a judge for WGI and DCA. He is also the percussion arranger for many local high schools as well as Second Bridge Indoor percussion. In 2011, David was inducted into the SCGC Hall of Fame for his years of service as percussion coordinator. During his tenure in WGI the number of competitive groups tripled and judges' training was expanded. Mr. Coheley is percussion arranger and caption head for four bands in metropolitan Atlanta, and also is on the staff of the Atlanta Falcons Drum Line.

“Spirit of Atlanta is my drum corps home,” states David. “This organization has helped me to become the husband, father and teacher I am today.” Like Chris, David feels “the organizational changes made in the last month will make a phenomenal impact on the success of Spirit of Atlanta.”

Chris and David are proudly committed to providing the most successful and educational opportunities for every member of the corps. “Success will depend on the drive, commitment and desire from all of us,” states David.

Spirit of Atlanta continues to prepare for the 2016 season, and more information will be available soon. Please look out for staff announcements in the very near future.

‪#‎DCI‬ ‪#‎SoA‬ ‪#‎Announcements‬

This looks good, but has complications with SCV announcing Dr. Chip Crotts as head of their brass. Like Chris, he works at Georgia Tech as well.

Should be a fun duel for those Yellow Jackets! Good luck to both. (With fond memories of Georgia Tech back in '84!!!)

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

This looks good, but has complications with SCV announcing Dr. Chip Crotts as head of their brass. Like Chris, he works at Georgia Tech as well.

Should be a fun duel for those Yellow Jackets! Good luck to both. (With fond memories of Georgia Tech back in '84!!!)

smh... I never thought I'd see the day when GT would be supplying instructors to World class drum corps. I remember when the peak of the GT band performance was playing the Budweiser theme at the end of the 3rd quarter! :colgate:

wow, good for boston!

I'm assuming they will remain with BD as well?

Boston is assembling a first rate Staff for 2016, imo. Here is a thread on Boston's recent hire of Jay Murphy ( of Blue Devils, WGI Visual Design fame ) :

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/157906-jay-murphys-best-work/

Boston is assembling a first rate Staff for 2016, imo. Here is a thread on Boston's recent hire of Jay Murphy ( of Blue Devils, WGI Visual Design fame ) :

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/157906-jay-murphys-best-work/

Yeah..this is HUGE for them...I am VERY excited for them! Seriously excited!!!! I know if I was a auditioning this season for drum corps...BAC would definitely be on my list...

Eat 'em BOSTON!