Does Anyone Know What Happened With the Kiwanis Kavaliers?

For reasons I wont go into here, I feel a very special attachment with this group...

The short capsule summary of what I've heard/read (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong): they moved to Florida from Kitchner-Waterloo, ONT. Then in 2007, almost all of their equipment was stolen.

From Wikipedia:

"According to a reward poster on the corps's main page, twenty trumpets, seven mellophones, fourteen baritones, ten tubas, seven snares, five tenor drums and three bass drums were stolen."

Haven't heard anything about the organization since then. Huge bummer. I really liked their Beatles show from 2003.

The short capsule summary of what I've heard/read (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong): they moved to Florida from Kitchner-Waterloo, ONT. Then in 2007, almost all of their equipment was stolen.

From Wikipedia:

"According to a reward poster on the corps's main page, twenty trumpets, seven mellophones, fourteen baritones, ten tubas, seven snares, five tenor drums and three bass drums were stolen."

Haven't heard anything about the organization since then. Huge bummer. I really liked their Beatles show from 2003.

Thank you.

Kiwanis korps? I might be tempted to say that they went the same way as the Rotaries when drum corps switched to two valve horns in the '70's, ha, ha.

yes, the Rotaries are still alive in New England and in Carmel, Indiana.

Edited by xandandl

You have typed this about another corps once.

What of it?
  • Like 1