Loudest chord of 2015?

OMG, everyone played everything so loud. Cadets were the only ones with varying dynamics. Is loud the new fast? Yuck,

Edited by Tobias

Crown has some great intonation and play VERY loud. However that does not impress me if all you play is the same key every year and only major chords. Prove me wrong! They are starting to do disonant things and some interesting drill. I am still waiting though.

You do realize this gets VERY old.

Or, maybe you don't.

I had an app measuring SPL for the entire duration of finals from my seat in section 541. The loudest moment of the night was at the end of Bluecoats show where my phone read 108 dB. This is insane considering I was sitting above the judges.

You were in 541? There were about 8 of us sitting up there. I was in seat 7

Instead of taking risks with stupid trampolines or mufflers try some refreshing new music that isn't insipid and safe. Minor keys are real nice that time of year. I want to hear a real horn book not a safe whole note fest up until the closer. DO IT!

• Like 1

But she had a mic B!

Brass lines too, G.

How can a single vocalist sing a chord? :silly:

They call'em " vocal chords ", don't they ? ( hehe..)

I haven't seen anyone live but from what I've learned, Bluecoats have had the loudest moments on the field

You might be right about Bluecoats, and you are also right, you just can't tell from the on-line stuff, I heard it both ways. Crown had single horn impacts that would just shatter concrete, but it doesn't come across that way on the vids. If I were judging loudest overall, Bluecoats would be 4th (exclude BD, I didn't hear them live). Vanguard was also VERY loud!

Bluecoats had a Blue Devils Moment (please take that as the supremest of compliments) where they were marching a large double circle from L to R, and WOW.

Check this out at 5:12 exactly as the corps is marching backwards and then turns towards the crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQtuAyiPI98

That being said, I thought Cadets were the loudest all year. This thread was about "loudest chord" so I'll re-check my memory bank and see if I remember correctly. For a single chord, check out:

2:25-30

4:28

10:54

11:46

And TEN 12:13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djMrGUqdShI

Edited by wvu80