The Cavaliers 2016

If I remember right, they never advertised it until a week or so before it, I didn't donate until the day of or so. They also revealed the uniforms and guard stuff in an email.

We shall see I guess, I hope they do it again. Really enjoyed it the past two times.

I think that they will continue to do the preview night, that is also available to donors. No foreseeable reason they wouldn't, they just did away with the BBQ (this year), for a more formal event.

• Like 1

I think that they will continue to do the preview night, that is also available to donors. No foreseeable reason they wouldn't, they just did away with the BBQ (this year), for a more formal event.

Aha! Okay, that sounds reasonable.

He never said this however.

The associated video entitled Propaganda prominently features Martin Luther King. When I questioned it, he responded "what is defined as propaganda was a point of perspective", clearly indicating that King's legacy could be interpreted as propaganda-- a dangerous and ugly proposal for a cherished and world renowned champion of peaceful pursuit of equal rights. It doesn't fit. Where's McCarthy? Goebbels? Kim Jung Il? Godwin? :)

Edited by Channel3

The speculation was something to do with Illinois State Legislature funding of public universities. Reason being the private Benedictine University would not present a conflict.

It could be more simple in that the corps was unable to secure two full weeks due to scheduling conflicts with the universities facilities. Just checked the schedule and it says TBA.

News Today: http://wthitv.com/ap/eiu-president-says-stopgap-funding-from-state-not-enough/

The president of Eastern Illinois University says the $12.5 million the school receives in stopgap state funding won’t be enough to get it through the summer.

EIU President David Glassman said in a letter May 2 that the school will be “challenged” to make payroll for late July and early August.

Yeah. They've got more important things to worry about right now.

If anybody hears what the plan B is, feel free to share.

The associated video entitled Propaganda prominently features Martin Luther King. When I questioned it, he responded "what is defined as propaganda was a point of perspective", clearly indicating that King's legacy could be interpreted as propaganda-- a dangerous and ugly proposal for a cherished and world renowned champion of peaceful pursuit of equal rights. It doesn't fit. Where's McCarthy? Goebbels? Kim Jung Il? Godwin? :)

While the word "propaganda" certainly has negative connotations, those connotations are not really part of the definition. From Merriam-Webster:

2 : the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person

3 : ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to further one's cause or to damage an opposing cause; also : a public action having such an effect

So I would argue that MLK did indeed use propaganda, especially using definition 3.

Looks like the corps got new uniforms of some sort this year. There was a post Thursday on Facebook about it. They will most likely reveal the uniform to the people present at the Ensuring our Future benefit. And those not able to make it, will probably see them a couple weeks later.

• Like 1

The corps also received their brand new Yamaha horns a few days ago as well.

Oh my god. You just stepped in a pile of political crap. Here's the definition of propaganda.

PROPAGANDA information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

Martin Luther King was a Nobel Peace Prize winning advocate for justice, and he's known worldwide as a non-violent champion of civil rights. If you call Martin Luther King a propagandist, you're opening up a huge can of worms, suggesting that his message was biased and misleading. That's like saying Ghandi was a propagandist. My God, who's in charge over there?

The term "propaganda" was first used in 1622 by Pope Gregory XV with the Sacra Congregatio de Propaganda Fide (sacred Congregation of Propagating Faith) to spread Catholicism to the heathens. Incidentally, the Cardinal Prefect of Propaganda is known as the "red pope".

Looks like the corps got new uniforms of some sort this year. There was a post Thursday on Facebook about it. They will most likely reveal the uniform to the people present at the Ensuring our Future benefit. And those not able to make it, will probably see them a couple weeks later.

It's going to be a much different look!