The Cavaliers 2016

Wouldn't matter either way because it will just change again and again as long as the judges are told to score spreads and not points.

Okay, well they have box scores for a reason too.

This means the Cavaliers are ticking the boxes to cumulatively earn above a 70 when adding everything together. So, that's a great thing.

Everyone's going to minimize their scores until they do something head to head with Cadets, Blue Knight, Madison, and SCV. I get it.

People, just try not to pee in our cheerios too much, ok? Thanks!

Some of us are just happy that they're doing well, and we're not here to put down other corps and minimize their accomplishments.

• Like 1

Okay, well they have box scores for a reason too.

This means the Cavaliers are ticking the boxes to cumulatively earn above a 70 when adding everything together. So, that's a great thing.

Everyone's going to minimize their scores until they do something head to head with Cadets, Blue Knight, Madison, and SCV. I get it.

People, just try not to pee in our cheerios too much, ok? Thanks!

Some of us are just happy that they're doing well, and we're not here to put down other corps and minimize their accomplishments.

I am happy they are doing well too. I love the renewed swagger. Great job tonight, Cavies!

• Like 1

Wouldn't matter either way because it will just change again and again as long as the judges are told to score spreads and not points.

Well the spread between the Cavaliers and the Troopers increased from 4.7 to 6.6. And the spread between the Cavaliers and the Blue Stars increased from 4.3 to 5.3.

• Like 1

It would be nice o see which captions they did well in and which need more work, comparatively.

But we can't know because they won't release the recaps!

This is a ridiculous & intolerable situation.

FREE THE SCORES, DCI....!!!

• Like 3

It would be nice o see which captions they did well in and which need more work, comparatively.

Do you need a baby bottle to settle you down?

Well the spread between the Cavaliers and the Troopers increased from 4.7 to 6.6. And the spread between the Cavaliers and the Blue Stars increased from 4.3 to 5.3.

I suspect last nights cavaliers score will end up being an outlier. Just far too big of a jump to be accurate over a longer haul. Will know soon enough...

Love the way they are mixing classic cavaliers concepts into the show design. If they had more green in their uniforms, it would be a triple...maybe not a home run, only because it seems their general brass strength is a level below the elite corps.

The good;

Drums, drill, visual GE and guard

The needs more work;

Brass, individual and ensemble visual, music GE

I suspect last nights cavaliers score will end up being an outlier. Just far too big of a jump to be accurate over a longer haul. Will know soon enough...

Love the way they are mixing classic cavaliers concepts into the show design. If they had more green in their uniforms, it would be a triple...maybe not a home run, only because it seems their general brass strength is a level below the elite corps.

Possibly. In all likely hood their score tonight will be less, but even if they score a 71 tonight - they are still way ahead of last year. But then again with no top six corps they could keep the score and increase it. Probably will not really know where they stand until Friday with Crown. On the 23rd they were 3.8 in back of Crown.

I have only read the last few posts on this page, so if the subject I'm going to bring up has already been discussed somewhere in the previous 30-ish pages, I apologize in advance. Feel free to flame me if you want.

I was at the Dublin show last night. I've always been pretty neutral regarding the Cavaliers. They were clearly the best corps on the field in Dublin. But after that performance, I have decided that I will never sit through another Cavaliers show again. My only regret is that I did not storm out of the stands in protest during their show.

I am generally not in favor of drum corps using this family activity to drag politics onto the field, although I have tolerated it in the past. But the length which this respected drum corps went in an attempt to openly mock one presidential candidate, while promoting 2 others, has caused me to finally speak up. The field of competition is not the appropriate place for this kind of behavior, and I am thoroughly embarrassed for all of DCI that this is allowed to go on.

If the voice-over stuff was done simply as a way to get a rise out of the crowd, then I find that very tasteless. On the other hand, if it was meant to be a logical argument for some political position, I am hugely disappointed that the show writers could be so clueless. For example: The recording of president Reagan talking about tearing down the Berlin wall was great. I remember that history very well, as I'm sure many of you do. But to follow that with a recording of Donald Trump talking about building a wall, is utter stupidity. Especially when the Trump recording was clearly played as of way of mocking his proposal. These are two completely different situations. The Berlin Wall was built to prevent the German people from escaping Communist Soviet Union oppression. Tearing down that wall freed many people. On the other hand, the wall that Trump talks about, is a way for our country to control its borders and help maintain our sovereignty.

I can understand how people have differing opinions about this. And that is perfectly fine. But to design a family oriented field show in which one party is clearly being mocked, while they parade around waving signs to promote the other party, is utterly disgusting. I could care less how the kids performed. All I know is that they have been given a grossly offensive product to put on the field, and they willingly chose to participate in the offense. So I them luck in the future. I, for one, will be visiting the concession stand during the Cavaliers performances. And I will do my best to get as many friends to do the same.

BeerMan