The Cavaliers 2016

With regards to props, am I the only one who can see the Cavaliers using TV screens that contain propaganda messages (a la Blue Springs HS 2015)? Granted, though, that might detract from the performers' abilities...

I could definitely see this implemented, would be really cool.

I watched about an hour of Cavalier rehearsal Monday. I can tell you that the opening statement builds and builds to a "YEAH! We have something to say!" The choreography is physically demanding, the pacing was high energy. There are visual gags by the performers that are distinctly Cavaliers.

Everything you see and hear reinforces that Cavalier identity.

Talking to the performers, they tell me they've learned the drill and full visuals to about half the show. They're pretty stoked about how much it represents the Cavalier style.

Edited by Cavie74
  • Like 2

Just wanted to include this in the thread.

This was my response to those who are in an uproar of MLK being included in the Propaganda video teaser released by the Cavaliers.

"What we define as propoganda may just be in the eye of the beholder.

In 1963 when the speech was given many black radical leaders, some government politicians and residents in the south felt that the speech was taken to extremes.

In fact, after the speech, the FBI deemed King a major enemy of the United States. As quoted below from a report.

"In the light of King's powerful demagogic speech yesterday he stands head and shoulders above all other Negro leaders put together when it comes to influencing great masses of Negroes. We must mark him now, if we have not done so before, as the most dangerous Negro of the future in this Nation from the standpoint of communism, the Negro and national security."

My point....looking back, we can see the importance of the speech. But at the time some in our country viewed it as ...well... Propaganda.

Maybe the Cavies weren't as far off in the inclusion as some thought?"

• Like 1

I watched about an hour of Cavalier rehearsal Monday. I can tell you that the opening statement builds and builds to a "YEAH! We have something to say!" The choreography is physically demanding, the pacing was high energy. There are visual gags by the performers that are distinctly Cavaliers.

Everything you see and hear reinforces that Cavalier identity.

Talking to the performers, they tell me they've learned the drill and full visuals to about half the show. They're pretty stoked about how much it represents the Cavalier style.

Thanks for the update! This is definitely one I am excited to see. Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

Just wanted to include this in the thread.

This was my response to those who are in an uproar of MLK being included in the Propaganda video teaser released by the Cavaliers.

"What we define as propoganda may just be in the eye of the beholder.

Both the Left and the Right sometimes engage in " Propaganda " as an effective method to advance their agenda. Its Machiavellian in its approach, ie the End Justifies the Means. MLK was the recipient of some " propaganda ". No question about that. But the Left went after Herbert Hoover at the FBI who kept tails on MLK and said things about Hoover that was knowingly untrue Leftist agenda driven " propaganda " too. The key is to recognize manipulation from all sides, imo, and to be fully aware that its present.

Edited by BRASSO

With regards to props, am I the only one who can see the Cavaliers using TV screens that contain propaganda messages (a la Blue Springs HS 2015)? Granted, though, that might detract from the performers' abilities...

Kennesaw Mt. did a variation of this at least 10 years ago with screaning that would much match the movie-theater size TVs some are now using for their college dorms and home video centers.

It worked quite well at LOS for Grand Nationals then.

Kennesaw Mt. did a variation of this at least 10 years ago with screaning that would much match the movie-theater size TVs some are now using for their college dorms and home video centers.

It worked quite well at LOS for Grand Nationals then.

Kennesaw Mountain, quite a convenient coincidence.

New video on Cavaliers' FB page titled "Building the Foundations".

Warmups and basics.... and quarter sets... Nice!

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

New video on Cavaliers' FB page titled "Building the Foundations".

Warmups and basics.... and quarter sets... Nice!

Second pretour video this season. So maybe we are looking at about one a week?

• Like 1