The Cavaliers 2016

Good suggestions. You realize that you are one of the only people on here who is focused on the most critical aspects of drum corps show design - heightening and resolving the dramatic action. It's incredibly hard to do. With or without characters, with or without dialogue, a winning drum corps show must heighten a theme and resolve it to a satisfying end. If not, the score sheet's depth of concept category just withers [Ten, Kinetic Noise, Game On].

Agreed. Crown finally did that in the last few weeks of the season and almost won.

• 2 weeks later...

A new hype video has been posted, giving some better insight to the show. I'm excited.

https://youtu.be/cAOv7MGjoAE

All that propaganda footage makes me want to see this show!

All that propaganda footage makes me want to see this show!

Another positive of this show (so far) is we don't have people questioning whether the show is about video games. So there is a start.

I just need there to be one snippet of George Wallace in order to make sense of the MLK appearance in the context of propaganda. Otherwise, there was absolutely nothing propagandistic about MLK.

I can't wait to see the new uniforms.

I just need there to be one snippet of George Wallace in order to make sense of the MLK appearance in the context of propaganda. Otherwise, there was absolutely nothing propagandistic about MLK.

I thought the inclusion of MLK was a bit odd too. On the other hand we don't know the full context here on why the inclusion.

My guess is that the MLK inclusion will specifically center on either "I have a Dream" speech and it's use of repetition, parallel structure, metaphors, similes, and most importantly persuasion appeals,

or

his speech against the Vietnam War.

http://antiwar.com/orig/bromwich.php?articleid=12844

Edited by JAZZER

Otherwise, there was absolutely nothing propagandistic about MLK.

Just doing a little bit of digging I came up with this.

"Propaganda is often associated with the psychological mechanisms of influencing and altering the attitude of a population toward a specific cause, position or political agenda in an effort to form a consensus to a standard set of belief patterns."

As well as this line that, in my opinion, leads credence to the use of MLK.

"Today the term propaganda is associated with a manipulative and jingoistic approach, but propaganda historically was a neutral descriptive term."