Anyone think SCV would/should do Phantom of the Opera for the musical&

No. No real reason. Just....no.

I'm all for corps revisting shows from their past, except when they already won with that show.

Now, if they did a show called Excellence: A History of the Santa Clara Vanguard, I'd be all for some SCV Phantom of the Opera to return to the field!

Cadets have done this a few times, sort of. There's just too much music to fit into one show though... Fiddler on the Roof, Send in the Clowns, Young Person's Guide, Appalachian Spring, Pictures at an Exhibition, Phantom... and that's only through '89!

Cadets have done this a few times, sort of. There's just too much music to fit into one show though... Fiddler on the Roof, Send in the Clowns, Young Person's Guide, Appalachian Spring, Pictures at an Exhibition, Phantom... and that's only through '89!

Ok, how about a show called We Are the Champions? Includes: Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra, Bottle Dance, Send In the Clowns, Phantom, Blue Shades, and close it with some Queen some the title has a double meaning.

Maybe a little off topic, but I think a corps should do a Maynard show next season. August 2016 will mark ten years since Maynards passing. I could see BD or Crossmen doing this.

Would LOVE to see Crossmen get back to playing that style again. When the Crossmen sounded like the Crossmen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcgwqwBMvgU

The concert piece from that show (Something) is one of my all time favorite concert numbers

• Like 2

I'd enjoy another Phantom of the Opera show, but I'd rather we explore new themes and music. It's already been done greatly, and I have no doubt they'd do a great job with it again like they did with Les Mis but... lets explore newer themes and music.

Would LOVE to see Crossmen get back to playing that style again. When the Crossmen sounded like the Crossmen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcgwqwBMvgU

The concert piece from that show (Something) is one of my all time favorite concert numbers

Shout out to the great Gary Caffrey, longtime screamer soloist for the Crossmen in those years.

The 1981 Something was a reprise from the 1978 Something. That chart was based on Buddy Rich. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A81pe5moEb0

• Like 1