DVDs are back

It probably means they got some of the legal stuff figured out. The DVDs were the last thing to disappear, and are the first thing to reappear. (First a fair number of Fan Network streaming videos were removed. Then, many months later, all Fan Network streaming videos were removed. Very soon after that all Fan Network downloadable videos were removed. Then the DVDs and Blu-Rays were removed from the store.)

It probably means they got some of the legal stuff figured out. The DVDs were the last thing to disappear, and are the first thing to reappear. (First a fair number of Fan Network streaming videos were removed. Then, many months later, all Fan Network streaming videos were removed. Very soon after that all Fan Network downloadable videos were removed. Then the DVDs and Blu-Rays were removed from the store.)

So I guess this means that DCI is on the road to recovery regarding the entire copyright situation. Hopefully this means that the triumphant return of the DCI Fan Network will eventually come!

• Like 1

Here's the information I just received by direct phone call to Kathy at DCI.

I did order the 2014 item. The 2015 is NOT available. I canceled my transaction.

I pointed out, the offer was confusing as it was from NeuLion. She understood. Whew!

It takes a few months to produce and press cd's and dvd's. The usual target is to get them shipping in time for Christmas.

• Like 1

Not a big fan of buying physical media. Would much rather just have a download or streaming option.

• Like 1

It takes a few months to produce and press CDs and DVDs. The usual target is to get them shipping in time for Christmas.

Yes, but it would normally be possible to order them by now, wouldn't it?

Yes, but it would normally be possible to order them by now, wouldn't it?

Yes. Normally you can pre-order them at or before finals - which I have done every year. Usually have gotten the discs by the 2nd week of November.

Not a big fan of buying physical media. Would much rather just have a download or streaming option.

Hmmm... it doesn't bother you that downloads or streams are of less quality than cd's and blu-ray? I have yet to download an mp3 from anywhere that was sampled higher than 192 Kbps. I rip cd's at 320.

• Like 1

Hmmm... it doesn't bother you that downloads or streams are of less quality than cd's and blu-ray? I have yet to download an mp3 from anywhere that was sampled higher than 192 Kbps. I rip cd's at 320.

192? I usually can find something at 256. Either way, I don't use large over the ear headphones. Only better than average earbuds (around $120) where you really can't tell the differences between a high quality file from a good quality file. Not a big fan of having something huge sitting on my head and around my ears lol.

Plus, I always make sure to store my DCI downloads as FLAC files. Helps to preserve the original quality of the source.

• Like 1

192? I usually can find something at 256. Either way, I don't use large over the ear headphones. Only better than average earbuds (around $120) where you really can't tell the differences between a high quality file from a good quality file. Not a big fan of having something huge sitting on my head and around my ears lol.

Plus, I always make sure to store my DCI downloads as FLAC files. Helps to preserve the original quality of the source.

I bought a pair of incredible earbud style phones for $65 for work and walking around. I just recently got a set of over-the-ears that is studio reference quality for about $145. Both have incredible bass response down to 30 hz without losing the 28k to 30k. I still have the legacy cd set as well as the annual cd's from '88-'06 stored in my house in case my computer decides to die. I told my wife once that if our house catches on fire she's responsible for the kids, I'm going for the box of DCI media! :music:

• Like 1