DVDs are back

It takes a few months to produce and press cd's and dvd's. The usual target is to get them shipping in time for Christmas.

Thing is,based on past years when I got the DVD'S ,if you called about them they would give you an idea when you could order.

The fact that they didn't say "Not available at this time, but ... " isn't comforting.

192? I usually can find something at 256. Either way, I don't use large over the ear headphones. Only better than average earbuds (around $120) where you really can't tell the differences between a high quality file from a good quality file. Not a big fan of having something huge sitting on my head and around my ears lol.

Really? What's wrong with these?

huge-headphones.jpg

• Like 2

Minus the fish-lips, those wouldn't be bad to have on an airplane.

Minus the fish-lips, I'd take those in my own living room.

Guessing here, but I'm thinking that they haven't done much prep work at all for the 2015 products. If they just got the go-ahead I would expect to see something within the next week or so. Here's hoping, anyway.

Not a big fan of buying physical media. Would much rather just have a download or streaming option.

Caps, Caps, and more caps! Also, being at the mercy of streaming servers being shut down.

I like having the physical media, then turning it into whatever medium works best for my slew of devices du jour.

I'll take the disks any day of the week and twice on Sunday unless or until the digital version was identical quality in picture and sound. But to do that, the file size would be enormous. Typical file size of a 1 disk Blu-Ray movie clone is about 40GB which would take hours to download unless you have an extremely fast connection.

It all comes down to convenience versus fidelity. Some people are willing to take the time and expense to purchase their audio and video in physical format, giving them much greater control over the quality and availability of their media. Others will like that they can have the shows they want as soon as they pay for and download the files. It may not be the highest quality but it's good enough for government work, as my wife likes to say.

I personally prefer purchasing CDs and Blu-Rays and using them as my master copy. I can then rip the audio into high quality FLAC files Exact Audio Copy and the Blu-Rays to high quality MP4 files with Handbrake. Plex can handle both and has some great features, especially for movies and TV shows.

• Like 2

Hopefully, DCI will be able to resolve their copywrites issues soon and we will be able to retrieve shows from this past season, as well as earlier seasons.