Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

Now that 2015 is in the books with another extremely successful season by the Blooooooooooo, ahem, Bluecoats, I thought I would start the 2016 thread for all things Bluecoats related.

What show should they present this year? Music? Rumors?

I believe the Bluecoats have a great opportunity to continue building a championship contender. It’s going to be very tough, but they have showed us over the last few years that they have the chops to do it. Is this their year?

2010 = 3rd

2011 = 7th

2012 = 6th

2013 = 5th

2014 = 2nd

2015 = 3rd

2016 = ???

I believe the Bluecoats have a great opportunity to continue building a championship contender. It’s going to be very tough, but they have showed us over the last few years that they have the chops to do it. Is this their year?

Their California auditions are huge. They need to poach off potential BD members. You could say the same about their Georgia as well as Texas auditions.

They just need to keep doing more of the same. They have the skilled members to march a challenging show that the judges will like. They have a good enough percussion session to win perc and their brass always kills. I will not be surprised if they pull it off next year. I'm pulling for crown but will not be disappointed if Bloo takes it.

• Like 1

Now that 2015 is in the books with another extremely successful season by the Blooooooooooo, ahem, Bluecoats, I thought I would start the 2016 thread for all things Bluecoats related.

What show should they present this year? Music? Rumors?

2010 = 3rd

2011 = 7th

2012 = 6th

2013 = 5th

2014 = 2nd

2015 = 3rd

2016 = ???

The answer has to be 4

if the numbers above (3,7) (5,2,3) (6,?) are to add up to TEN, ha, ha.

music selection is KEY, they have done quite well over the years keeping the program interesting and current. Bravo !. DO NOT CHANGE YOUR UNIFORM!!!

love the quirky programs that are in your face and poignant at times, I think they will be a force in 2016..

No rest for the Bluecoats, love you guys!!

They just need to keep doing more of the same. They have the skilled members to march a challenging show that the judges will like. They have a good enough percussion session to win perc and their brass always kills. I will not be surprised if they pull it off next year. I'm pulling for crown but will not be disappointed if Bloo takes it.

agreed they never bore a crowd...GO Coats!

Bloo has won me over since I became a fan of drum corps in 2010. I have watched them transform into one of the true elites. I have no doubt they will challenge in 2016 and after.

It has been said many times here on DCP, and I agree, that they are fast becoming the new innovators in the direction they have taken. I say, stay on the road you're on!!! It is working.

Edited by luv4corps

I love Bloo, but should we take bets on whether they will allow any girls in the percussion section for 2016? No girls in 2014 or 2015.

Are you suggesting they are purposely not allowing girls in? Because that's ridiculous. What is more likely is that few girls auditioned and only the best candidates were chosen (those that could pay dues and had talent + experience) and they happened to be all boys.

• Like 1

I love Bloo, but should we take bets on whether they will allow any girls in the percussion section for 2016? No girls in 2014 or 2015.

Allow?