Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

SHOW ANNOUNCEMENT:

show-1.jpg

In Sanskrit, that says "Tilt 2".

• Like 1

I was at ensemble rehearsal tonight and they had their first complete run through with the complete corps. All I can say is wow. This is an extremely cool show, especially visually in my opinion. THAT'S RIGHT, I SAID VISUALLY. They are taking some serious staging risks, and I for one think they will pay off, big time. I would not expect a 20 page master degree dissertation about how this flag toss represents the proletariate in post revolutionary France, or this look from the drum major means Dante doesn't translate well into English. My advice -- just take the show at face value, and simply experience it. The show is cohesive, with a bat #### crazy design and simply rocks. I have never seen anything like it. I was withholding judgement about how the corps would place this year until I saw a completed show, but now I can say, with a good degree of confidence, this show is a contender. I can also say, that I have seen the show evolve, and every time I see it, something I thought was a lock for the first show has been revised, always for the better, often several times. I would not be surprised if what I saw tonight wasn't changed two or three times by Thursday. It has been a crazy design process, and I am simply in awe. And as of now ... there is zero cheese.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3

I was at ensemble rehearsal tonight and they had their first complete run through with the complete corps. All I can say is wow. This is an extremely cool show, especially visually in my opinion. They are taking some serious staging risks, and I for one think they will pay off, big time. I would not expect a 20 page master degree dissertation about how this flag toss represents the proletariate in post revolutionary France, or this look from the drum major means Dante doesn't translate well into English. My advice -- just take the show at face value, and simply experience it. The show is cohesive, with a bat #### crazy design and simply rocks. I have never seen anything like it. I was withholding judgement about how the corps would place this year until I saw a completed show, but now I can say, with a good degree of confidence, this show is a contender. I can also say, that I have seen the show evolve, and every time I see it, something I thought was a lock for the first show has been revised, always for the better, often several times. I would not be surprised if what I saw tonight wasn't changed two or three times by Thursday. It has been a crazy design process, and I am simply in awe. And as of now ... there is zero cheese.

That sounds awesome! To quote someone else, I hope they have a show that channel3 hates!

• Like 1

That sounds awesome! To quote someone else, I hope they have a show that channel3 hates!

Oh I have no doubt channel3 will despise it.

• Like 2