Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

Finally watched full 2016 Bluecoats on YouTube. They were not in uniform. I did enjoy it! The music sounds strong and the guard is excellent. A very easy show to like, will place high in Indy.

But the jogging. Lots of jogging from place to place! Probably not the correct term for that movement, but it was excessive. Looks fun, is different, and probably all other corps do it in lesser amount, but . . . . . I wouldn't really like to see more than a couple corps motor around like that in the same show. Could lose the novelty that makes it all work this season. Too much of a good thing is . . . . . well, you know.

The term you are looking for I think is jazz running, but I know what you mean.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

Congrats 'Coats on win #4 tonight in Pittsburgh. Love the changes that are making an awesome show even better.

What changes did they make?

What changes did they make?

In the second movement, they modified the "rewind" sound effect to make it sound more realistic and added a flamenco-style guitar strum at the end of the movement. That's all I got.

In the second movement, they modified the "rewind" sound effect to make it sound more realistic and added a flamenco-style guitar strum at the end of the movement. That's all I got.

The flamenco strum isn't new.

So ... the changes were just sound effects?

So ... the changes were just sound effects?

Not much different than their changes last year. A lot of the changes they made, apart from the redesign of the final minute of the show, were simply sound effects.

As of yesterday, I haven't seen anything new since Saturday.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

they added more difficult brass parts to the rewind part from what i could tell-- saw them live yesterday