Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

So, from the past few pages of discussion on here, I've seen that Bloo is going to get gold or silver without a doubt, and BD will be lucky to get bronze.

Really interesting.

Edited by Lance

they added more difficult brass parts to the rewind part from what i could tell-- saw them live yesterday

They spent a lot of time cleaning that low brass on Saturday, but didn't change it at that time.

They spent a lot of time cleaning that low brass on Saturday, but didn't change it at that time.

Until we see all top corps in one show, it is impossible to predict who will medal.

Sorry, I didn't mean to quote myself, I meant to reply to Lance.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

Looks like Cavies broke 71 tonight back in Ohio. Congrats!

They did, and it was a great show. Also kudos to Blue Stars and the emotion packed show of the Troopers!

Trombone right before the end chords

Trombone right before the end chords

The trombone octet was there before, but they are miced louder now so they are better balanced with the rest of the ensemble.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

Also made some music changes to the end of the show. Just some nice tweaking from Doug Thrower.

Full rehearsal day tomorrow in Pittsburgh then on to Allentown.

Have to jump in here. I love this show. And I sometimes wish DCI was not a judged activity so all corps could do shows like this. But musically, much of the first half of the show is percussion with brass accompaniment. The ballad is a soloist with brass accompaniment. And then the closer the brass do some playing. I do wonder if that will hold up when it comes down to the end and you are competing with more demanding brass books.

• Like 1

Have to jump in here. I love this show. And I sometimes wish DCI was not a judged activity so all corps could do shows like this. But musically, much of the first half of the show is percussion with brass accompaniment. The ballad is a soloist with brass accompaniment. And then the closer the brass do some playing. I do wonder if that will hold up when it comes down to the end and you are competing with more demanding brass books.

Percussion with brass accompaniment? That's crazy! Kind of down side up, yeah?