Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

This show is years ahead of the rest of DCI this year. They have the total package and are paving the way a very bright future for their organization and further creativity of DCI. Well done and well deserved Bluecoats!

Totally agree. This is the 3rd year in a row that I've been completely blown away with their approach to the activity. They take creativity and innovation to new levels. Really hope they can come out on top this year.

• Like 1

Totally agree. This is the 3rd year in a row that I've been completely blown away with their approach to the activity. They take creativity and innovation to new levels. Really hope they can come out on top this year.

After Tilt, most said it was a great show but could they follow it up?

Then Kinetic Noise, which again brought the questions about not whether, but how, they could possibly do something even more innovative.

Now you have Down Side Up, which somehow managed to take their concept, and the very idea of a drum corps, to an entirely different place.

What I love is that, whether you love or hate what they are doing, it is clearly creating a buzz around the activity that we've not seen in at least a decade, and probably two. Having seen the reaction to them a TOC show this year, Bluecoats are now clearly a force that every elite corps will have to reckon with every year.

When you look at their staff, though, it all makes sense. You almost wonder why it took so long.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 4

Bluecoats will continue to refine and reinvent their approach. After 2014, many had them falling in the rankings, after last year, same story. Bloo's creativity and demand will only continue to attract the best and most talented throughout. It's only going to get better and better.

Bluecoats will continue to refine and reinvent their approach. After 2014, many had them falling in the rankings, after last year, same story. Bloo's creativity and demand will only continue to attract the best and most talented throughout. It's only going to get better and better.

Slide? What slide? Who sez I need a slide in order to fly? Another great photo by Ben Stanfield.

28599273032_d4db36db3a_h.jpg

Will they one up this at Indy by including a guard headchopper with a Crown-size super silk while he's still in the air, or would headchopper be a bit too literal?

Down Side Up turned me up side down. Gig made me a happy boy. And, that ending is a good one. i DEFINITELY felt like I went on an 11 minute ride! i CAN'T WAIT UNITL INDY! :silly:

• Like 3

When will performance order be finalized for quarter final night.

I REALLY want that squiggle shirt they just posted on Facebook. Pleeeeeeaaaaase have that available online.

D:

THE NOCOATS!!!!