Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

Any word on who will be DM for Bluecoats?

I'd imagine that won't be determined until the first camps are held.

I'd imagine that won't be determined until the first camps are held.

Depends on the corps, most that typically promote from within already know, even if it's not public yet.

• Like 1

I don't really pay much attention to the DM but could someone fill me in on Willie? How many years did he March Coats and how many years as DM?

He was a Bluecoat for five years. Two as a brass member. Three as DM

Depends on the corps, most that typically promote from within already know, even if it's not public yet.

Most major corps have DM selected before previous season has ended. Corps either invite certain DMs from outside the corps to audition or designate some one in the corps. For most units, the DM is already functioning as a corps leader by the time of the first camp. There are exceptions today but they are becoming less and less. When the public announcement is made may be as late as May along with the show theme and music. But what happens at camps is already well in progress.

I realize that there will be those posters who will retort, "that's not the way it was BITD or where I marched." But we are speaking of the 21st century finalist corps and the ways they do it today. Few leave it to walk-ins and late auditions, with the notable exception of Cadets 2011.

Edited by xandandl

Coats are turning into a perennial powerhouse. It's no coincidence that the best run groups are the most successful, and they're certainly that, these days. I always enjoy their programs (though I think I preferred Tilt to this year's iteration). As they say "the devil is in the details" (no pun intended), and once they establish the level of detailing necessary to get over the top, and imprint that on their program, they might just get over the hump and win a title. It's so hard to get there these days, with BD, Crown and Cadets all performing and designing at the highest levels. They have great management, staff and kids. Pulling for them...(but not too much) :sigh:

• Like 1

When it comes to design, talent, management, facilities, and quality of tour, Bluecoats can compete with anyone. As for the show, their design team, instructional team, and talented members can compete with the Big Boys more consistently these days (top 5 four times in the last six years, top 3 two years running).

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 1

Bluecoats use of backfield speakers last year was the first of its kind in drum corps. It was a perfect use of electronics for the loops and sounds of Kinetic Noise. Going forward, I hope to see them use 3D sound in even more creative ways.

Exactly, I feel most people don't understand how innovative and hard Kinetic Noise really was.

• Like 2

Cant wait to see them ROCK the DCI world again in 2016. I can hear the pot boiling now........

Edited by heartskipsabeat