Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

There are certainly four corps in the conversation I'm sure this season, maybe five.

Isn't it amazing that we can say with confidence here in January who these 3-5 Corps will be that will have a shot at the DCI Title that will take place in August of 2016 ? I don't disagree with that thought process, just that even before we know of anything at all, we already can say with confidence who these Corps will be. Its is pretty amazing, and quite unique for a competitive activity, no doubt about it. Not so much that we can name the 3-5 Corps, just that it most likely will become so.

There are certainly four corps in the conversation I'm sure this season, maybe five. It as always will come down to design. What concept moves the very powerful GE green shirts.

All has to do with , quality, consistency,staff and member retention,.

Not that a corps can't break into those top 5 . Corps can always slip ( and have ) maybe not alot but it has happened. Success is when preparation meets opportunity.

Edited by GUARDLING

music selection is KEY, they have done quite well over the years keeping the program interesting and current. Bravo !. DO NOT CHANGE YOUR UNIFORM!!!

love the quirky programs that are in your face and poignant at times, I think they will be a force in 2016..

No rest for the Bluecoats, love you guys!!

Agreed. Their uniforms are top-notch

Based on what I heard directly from MM's, staff and audience last season, and then what I've heard from various folks this season, Bloo are the undisputed rock stars of DCI right now.

Mike

Ahh, NO.

• Like 1

Bluecoats Drumline Warmup Area in Atlanta is on google maps

Give some positive reviews on Google Maps so it stays there.

Edited by Jeffe77
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is good news. Anyone have speculation on where the Bluecoats may go with music/show design this year? It seems like some kind of progression. In 2013, there was side to side sound experimentation going on. In 2014, some experimental jazz and electronica things, pushing the envelope further in 2015. What's the next logical progression of the Bluecoats? Any guesses on music choices?

I had a guy on reddit tell me that they played some Pat Metheny at one of the audition camps. However, he said he's not sure if it was show material or not. This is the song he said they played: https://youtu.be/y0TQjzlMDIc

Seems to be right up their alley in terms of being both contemporary and technically challenging, so it's possible!

• Like 1