Southern Showdown Review

Thanks for the review. It's always nice to get some outside perspective on the show. To clarify, Gold's guard has 44 members although we marched one hole due to a forgotten uniform.

so its a color guard show, with live music?

• Like 2

Presenting their show "WGI on turf!"

Gold's guard has been the real deal for several years now.

I have no idea where they get their members and staff... but whatever they are doing, it's working!!!

• Like 1

Carolina Gold's Guard made it to WGI finals in April so they put a lot into their program. However I think the outside show lets them have twice as many people participate. (I think indoor is limited to less than 20) The main CG person there is a Madison Alum I believe.

• Like 1

Presenting their show "WGI on turf!"

few WGI guards are that size.

Bucs marched 40-42 in 2000. almost the same size as the hornline

Carolina Gold's Guard made it to WGI finals in April so they put a lot into their program. However I think the outside show lets them have twice as many people participate. (I think indoor is limited to less than 20) The main CG person there is a Madison Alum I believe.

30 I believe is the limit for all but World Class

I'm seen a few people on here make the connection with Legacy (the WGI group), but honestly I think there are only 3 people marching this summer who marched Legacy during winter, and there were only 2 or 3 people on Legacy who marched Gold in 2014. The groups actually seem to be pretty unrelated besides finances honestly. As a member, the biggest boon I see to the guard size is recruitment by the members. The person who convinced me to march was individually responsible for at least 6 people joining. The people who have marched just tend to be very vocal about enjoying the experience, and it draws more people in. Also, we have amazing guard staff (and I'm not just saying that because I know Drew reads DCP threads). We have two Madison alum and two Crown alum (3 of whom marched First Flight Winterguard), and they are all so good at what they do. Our caption head is probably the single most talented guard choreographer/instructor in Eastern NC. Every program that he touches flourishes.

• Like 1