DCI Field Pass RSS

Does anyone know why DCI has done away with the RSS feed for the Field Pass podcast? I have always listened to this via my podcast app of choice (Downcast for iOS), however about midway through this summer, it has seemingly disappeared and now the easiest way to listen on the go appears to be SoundCloud. Which is fine but a little more cumbersome than I would prefer (no episode names, just air dates, make it more difficult to remember where I left off; when catching up on multiple episodes, they play in reverse order).

DCI has an RSS link on their site with a number of confusing feed options, e.g.:

"Select a Sport (for photo feed):"

with the only value for selection being Blue Knights. What? lol

There is no mention whatsoever of an RSS feed for the Field Pass. Anyone else puzzled by this?

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that their website revamp this summer involved moving to a platform that is built for team sports. Think official college team athletics sites. A lot of the verbiage, URL's, etc lend itself to this format. There are some things that don't exactly map out with DCI as they might with a sports conference. There are more than a few broken processes now, RSS/Podcast being one of them.

Sorry that I don't really have a solution for you. Just a hunch on what happened.

Along those lines, NeuLion is the new streaming provider for DCI Live. And NeuLion also provides a very popular college platform, so maybe they went with NeuLion for the site revamp as well.

http://www.neulion.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30000&SPID=159208&SPSID=932214

This really makes me angry. Field Pass is no longer a Podcast. They should stop calling it that. A podcast requires an RSS feed. Otherwise it's just a random audio file that exists on the Internet somewhere.

• Like 1

This really makes me angry. Field Pass is no longer a Podcast. They should stop calling it that. A podcast requires an RSS feed. Otherwise it's just a random audio file that exists on the Internet somewhere.

I always thought it was dumb that they didn't have Field Pass listed as an iTunes Podcast or on one of the major netcast networks. Most people don't use naked RSS, but rather a larger service.

• Like 1

I always thought it was dumb that they didn't have Field Pass listed as an iTunes Podcast or on one of the major netcast networks. Most people don't use naked RSS, but rather a larger service.

It was listed in the iTunes store and worked fine. Sometime during the season it stopped working. i agree it needs to be listed there again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It still shows up in my iPhone's Podcasts app, but the last episode is June 6, just before the season. I don't know if you can still add it from iTunes or Podcasts, or whether DCI will restore it.

Regardless of the reason for the changes, the real issue is DCI's ongoing inability to inform fans about changes. We've actually gotten used to not being informed about dramatic changes until long after they happen and then excessively PR'ed to the point of having dubious usefulness.

The podcasts not showing up has to be a result of the switch to the new website. That is when the podcasts stopped showing up. The sad thing is, I don't think DCI has any idea that the field pass is unavailable as a podcast download. Dan Potter was doing a lot of work that almost nobody has heard. I know I can listen on the DCI site, but that won't help me when I'm on the move at work.

Z