New Mercedes Benz (ATL) Stadium

Where did DCI stage and park everyone around the Ga Dome? If it was the GWCC marshalling yard, that's almost the same distance from the dome as Grant Field is, but I don't think they could walk to the stadium from there because of the railroad tracks and the residential area in between.

There's a large reserved parking lot about 1/4 mile (i.e. not far) from the stadium where the busses and other vehicles park. I think this year GWCC let the Corps use one of their loading docks to unload.

There's a large reserved parking lot about 1/4 mile (i.e. not far) from the stadium where the busses and other vehicles park. I think this year GWCC let the Corps use one of their loading docks to unload.

That must be the lot by the substation. There is NOTHING like that near Bobby Dodd. I wonder if each greek house would be willing to park 1 corps worth of vehicles at their place...

The new Braves Stadium is in Smyrna GA.

Technically, no, it's in unincorporated Cobb county. The land from Windy Ridge Parkway south to I285 is not part of Smyrna's city limits. That's why the Braves have been dealing with Cobb county and not Smyrna. That little corner isn't part of Smyrna or Vinings.

DCI reserved a portion of the Georgia World Congress Center (the convention center) Marshaling Yard for bus parking and warm-ups. The corps walked from here to the Dome which isn't a super close walk, but not that far either. This is not at all close to GA Tech's Bobby Dodd stadium.

CrownBariDad is correct, one of the events at the GWCC that weekend allowed DCI to use loading docks outside one of their rented exhibit halls for prop/equipment unloading and loading. The loading docks were insanely busy that weekend. If DCI performs at the new stadium (a bit further away from the GWCC Marshaling Yard) it will be interesting to see how all of this is managed. I don't think the corps will be able to walk from the marshaling yard to the new stadium.

I'm really curious to hear what the higher-ups at DCI are considering for 2017 and beyond. The Atlanta Regional is their highest attended event outside of Finals at Indy. Moving this outside of Atlanta could potentially be a huge blow to attendance figures.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 8/27/2015 at 1:22 PM, cf144 said:

Vet Stadium had a really cool implosion once both Lincoln Financial Field and Citizen's Bank Park were opened https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_JfySVUoz0

technically Franklin Field is still up which the Eagles used and so did the USFL team